Cigarettes- do you, don't you, quitting or forgetting.

Jomo, the emperor didn't sign anything with or without smoke up his nose, wasn't even there on the USS Missouri when the ceremony took place in Tokyo bay. He was probably in his palace wondering if he would be keeping it.

Stig, It was Harry Anslinger.

Levi, Nelson Rockefeller was right in there with Tricky Dick getting the war on drugs rolling.

Cigs are $10 in Western NY. I say make them $20. A buck a smoke should slow everybody down or collect a lot of tax dollars anyway.

People should have the right to grow their own tobacco. Its criminal, really.

We could easily stray into the pot smoking thread. A derail is one thing (don't we all know), but this is going into hijack land into old territory. Just saying. Do what you want.

Vaporizers are cheap (really, when you add it all up, especially the cost of a lung) and hugely easier on the lungs, trachea, mouth, nose, sinuses.

Tobacco is legal because it has been making people rich for so long that they just bribe the politicians, etc, etc.

Paul Petzoldt of N.O.L.S. and Outward Bound (and the Paul Petzoldt Outdoor Leadership School) caught a kid smoking at his school. A huge, imposing man. He just sat the kid down and smoked a cigarette with him. And another, and another, and another. Bet the kid had learned a lesson. I bet he had lots of time to think about it, heaving his guts out. HA. Perhaps one of that kids best things to learn right there.

Unlike weed, you can grow your own tobacco in all 50 states legally. Funny you don't see it done more often. Maybe I should plant some so my son isn't smoking the cheap crap Indian cigarettes he is smoking.

Harry Anslinger, yes.
Thanks a lot, I've been wringing my brain dry, trying to come up with that name.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cigs are $10 in Western NY.

Wow! When I first started they were a $1. a pack, then late 80's $1.35

At that time, 1990 I started smoking American Spirit cigarettes -made from whole leaf Virginian tobacco. They were expensive comparatively —$2.65 a pack. Then my hiatus for over a decade, only to find that they've reached nearly $7.00 a pack when I had started up again. Then I had gone to buying American Spirit tobacco in bulk and rolled my own or used a pipette for single hits- to get my nicotine fix on.

I'm with you on making it $20. a pack, but you know who will make that happen---- the legislators for the insurance companies. They're tired of paying out for all the smoking related diseases and hospital stays. Why do you think there are strict seat belt laws? The insurance companies pushed -and the law reacted. They were no longer needlessly paying out thousands for the simple fender benders that sent you thru the windshield.

Insurance companies, the worlds biggest legal racket.

I smoked here and there for a while when I was really young.. maybe 10.

An extra happy dog came down into the woods where we kept our cig stash and took huge piss on on it. It seemed like a sign and it was damn hard for us to get more without getting in trouble so I gave up. God bless that dog.

the frankenstein of herbs, miss it dearly!
The missionaries noted the Tionnantes from around Lake Erie who
cultivated the Tobacco where the noblest and peacefull of all the tribes.
My Cliff Clavin moment.
I loved Tobacco so much I did my final yrs presentation on it and still have a small
collection of empty,1/2 packs of Cigs from 10 or so countries from around the world.

My favorite is from Shanghai, Chung wa? Smooth like silk with what I think is flavored with some Arcto-staphylos BearBerry Kinikinik?
I day dream about smoking on occasion. Really miss that smoke with a cold beer at the end of a long day.
Still next to my kids, wife and life I would never take it up again. I ahve had team members who smoke and will put an unlit smoke to my nose and
smell it and find that is more than enough.
Another interesting fact re toxicity is it is the most toxic chemical on th planet. Pure nicotine, pin head drop will kill a horse and 100x more addictive than heroin.
Nite

Stig, It was Harry Anslinger.

Levi, Nelson Rockefeller was right in there with Tricky Dick getting the war on drugs rolling.

Cigs are $10 in Western NY. I say make them $20. A buck a smoke should slow everybody down or collect a lot of tax dollars anyway.

Maybe print each cig so it looks like a dollar bill you can see your money go up in smoke?

I never have, and I never will.

Back