Champion white pine

Trees, like everything else, always look better when standing behind a beautiful woman.

Ha ha, thanks guys - she is a sweetheart. I'm a lucky guy, and she's lately been putting up with me in the House, too! :)

That was Gerry posting, so I now have some semblance of credibility in my postings so as not to get into too much trouble with my better half! Thanks, Gerry! :)

Nice looking tree Willie. How long did it take you to climb it ?

Heres a Pondo I did back in 1999. This photo was taken at 75' tree was 225'

Attachments

• Pondo. 1999.JPG
    Pondo. 1999.JPG
    213.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh yeah, thats on your business card8) Took us as long to find it as to climb it. We were not set up with short climb lines and throw lines to advance our way up and I had to be home by 2 to baby sit so we only went to the first limbs around 120'

Yes Stephen just a rec climb...pain in the butt and out in the middle of nowhere. Is it Steven or Stephen ?

Willie, I thought you where on the road ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not any longer! Beer shishkabobs and a "cabin" with 'net!

Stephen.... Biggest ones you usually have to hike to BFE to find em(or know someone).. That one you climbed is about as big as they get I would think. Was that a champion tree?

well they considered it largest in North America, but I dont know. At least regestered anyway.All the limb pointed down from snow load and takes about two to two and a half hours to climb. You take mountain bikes down to it, which takes about ten minuts and a hour to climb back out.It's in a real steep draw out of the Bucks Lake area.

Awesome tree. I don't think I have seen one more than 150 up here let alone climbed it.. LOL Basically all the old growth was pretty much farmed out here and the beetles usually take the rest. Probably some hidden treasures around here though if I was adventuresome like Gerry. That and some time would be nice.

Yeah sometimes you just need to hunt or just go ask some of the old timers if there are any outlaws left......Gerry climbed that tree with me in 2003 I think.

Back