Bulldog Bone

Here is the picture he posted there, showing how his tether flopped over to one side and caught on the bottom link while the bone was collapsed, keeping it from engaging on the line.

f9c620a143d0ed8869ecc72230cc6cf8.jpg

It's so very important to always be aware of gear (especially life support) and how it interacts with EVERYTHING around and on it. That is some great information to know and be aware of, thanks Gordon for passing that along. :thumbup::D

My choice was to make one that had some flex but not get tangled up with stuff.

Attachments

• 2015-01-03 14.08.37_resized.jpg
    2015-01-03 14.08.37_resized.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 143
Read below the picture...sounds to me like it froze up and could not move...I think he is looking for input on what might have happened.

Well, I got my RR the other day from treestuff. First spin on it today.

It was horrible, did a medium sized Norway Maple and tbh, I couldn't wait to get the RR off the rope and the BDB back on there.

The BDB IMO does exactly as it says on the tin. Easy on, easy off, and very intuitive.

Don't appologise Kevin. It is a great product just it didn't work for me today.

I was climbing on cougar blue and had the bollard on the bird fully open as it came like that I left it. I have heard from mates that it needs to bed in a bit. Anyway I am off to Oslo working for a month tomorrow. So I am sure I'll give more of a go over there. I'll be on green and blue or orange and yellow tachyon over there. Any pointers on setup?

Cheers
Rich

I have found that wearing the anodizing off the body helps gite a lot in consistency. Blue moon wide open sounds like a good combo to me. No doubt the bdb is easier on and off which is a big deal. But with a little practice the runner should be very smooth up and down the rope. Good luck and always grateful to hear feedback..

it stings hearing bad feedback, but it is definitely the more valuable to hear. It does me no good to hear "it's awesome!" because that's my opinion allready.

I had one guy really rip the HH, said he felt like he was cheated. Didn't sit well with me but ho hum. Lots of former HH users liking the Bone, good for Gordon.

Back