Boat cleats

I'm down in South Carolina with Nick and some other guys, working for Tree Care Inc running one of their rear mount alc's, chasing hangers and other damage on the back county roads.
apybymyb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was at a locals shop recently who had a new truck built by altec.

On the back altec mounted boat cleats for an option for lowering. I thougt it was a neat idea.

Has anyone used them on anything? Im considering mounting one on the front of the bucket, if it ever needs a tug, or needs to tug something. Possibly on the back deck plate too.

I use them. Very handy. Learned the value of them from my commercial fishing days. I feature them in this video. . .

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zqUMM88kfV0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice picture, RD. Those trucks have simple, clean lines.

Who are you guys working for, residential or gubmint?

How bout some pics of the grapple trucks doin it!

I agree, the bend radius would only warrant smalls.

I have good luck with the porty on the pintle usually.

A guy i know takes massive pieces down onto the truck, scary.

I know a guy that took a huge fir top off on 5/8" stable braid, I don't know how big, but I'm guessing it was 12-14" diameter, green all the way up, deadheaded to the porty on the hitch of a F350 crew cab diesel (not light). I hear the truck slid back 4'. I saw a vid of it. Couldn't believe it. Rag doll city. How he didn't get hurt (of did he), I don't know.

Quite a shock absorbing system, but its hard to get a truck in everyplace.:lol::|:;)

We use the boat cleats all the time, also have the reciever hitch porta wrap. Have taken very large tops on the boat cleat and suprisingly efficent.

I know a guy that took a huge fir top off on 5/8" stable braid, I don't know how big, but I'm guessing it was 12-14" diameter, green all the way up, deadheaded to the porty on the hitch of a F350 crew cab diesel (not light). I hear the truck slid back 4'. I saw a vid of it. Couldn't believe it. Rag doll city. How he didn't get hurt (of did he), I don't know.

Quite a shock absorbing system, but its hard to get a truck in everyplace.:lol::|:;)

Id love to see the vid!

I guess I'm a little confused on the "boat cleat" thing. Can you buy these things some place or are they home made deals that look like something at a boatyard?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

This is what I picture when I hear boat cleat. I would hate to rig off of one of these.
a3ememez.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

That's it basically. I used stainless on my buddies machine, easier on the rope I think. Took a while to get the wrap right, but something like this:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393907813.399172.jpg

He's been rigging with his quite a bit. And for the record, that pic is the rigging wrap, not how to tie off to a cleat.

That is a better initial bend from that orientation than down the length, which bends it 180, as quick as possible. I'd still go with a bollard. Good pics. A cleat is simple because two big bolts anchor it.

Back