Blocking off work sites.

I like the idea of a cement insert in the cone that someone is going to run over in their car because they are going to ignore the cone.

Inconveniently sized brush across the sidewalk seems like the necessary blockage for some people. Yesterday and today we were removing the largest dead ash, I've seen (I haven't seen many ashes, mostly oregon ash here that doesn't get so big). Three cones across the sidewalk with a Danger Area Do Not Enter sign hung on the middle cone. Bucket truck, dump truck, chip truck, chipper, and tractor in the work area. Didn't stop a stupid woman from walking right in. I kept yelling HEY at her until she couldn't ignore me any longer, then just looked over sheepishly. STUPED, Dum peeple. I thought of this thread, and knew I wasn't alone.

When I worked for the city years ago, we had folding signs/barricades that we would set out on the sidewalk on either side of our work area. One day we had a couple on bicycles come down the sidewalk and the woman fell off her bike as she had to ride off the sidewalk to go around the sign. The guy started yelling at us for blocking the sidewalk and was threatening to sue the city for his old lady's injuries. :roll:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yesterday was a rain day for us which means we spend, spend, spend. Some of the items that I bought included 20 something cones and 2000 ft of caution tape. That gives me 30 something cones and a couple of "Tree Work Ahead " signs to secure the area. Hopefully that will be enough to keep the spots clear.

Back