Bixler Treework Climbing & Cutting

I was wondering about that, too.
In fact there was several pieces that I would have let run, had it been my turn to groundie. ( We take turns, or the two kids would try to put the old man on the chipper duty every time:lol:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Awesome, thanks MB, BOTS, Stig too kind, BUS and Stephan thanks brothers, it's appreciated.

Brian: Amazing vid as always. Like Butch, I've never seen someone put the camera in the lead they cut out before. That was so cool.

How long have you been going SRT? Do you like the rope wrench? My buddy had it, but I wasn't real impressed. I just use a vt with nothing, which, of course binds super tight. Might spring for the Hitch-hiker, to support an old treehouser.

Thanks Jed, I've been on the wrench around 2 years now, I loved it because it gave me SRT capabilities, haven't tried the Hitch Hiker yet, but it's on the list, and looks like it's the best way to go. I find myself removing the wrench at times to use the VT with nothing like you... The HH should solve that one.

I agree with what folks said...one of the best videos out there for treework. I liked the climber in the beginning doing the tree circle dance to keep away from the rigged limb...very nimble and fluid. Thanks for sharing that.
Gary, great to hear that from you. I sure do love trees.

Nice rigging. It makes my heart warm to see real wood get put on ropes.
:rockon:

Cool, but I'd rather see the groundie let it run just a bit. No reason I could see for holding it like he did.
Same here, I like a little more aggressive on the run with some of those pieces. Some of the swinging limb ones I had him hold , at least until it came off the tree then give it a few feet of run.

I been watchin' a lotta BonnerVision lately... can you tell!?!?! :rockon:
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Jx9ZJ_6dgf4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
TreeHouse unlisted vid

So that's what it looks like from the ground... cool! I wonder why the climbline was so far from the base of the tree?

Thanks Gary, It's one of those videos where you can grab your lady and dance to it. Volume up! Turns out the ground is mostly clay so the thumps were pretty dramatic.

Thank you too BOTS, that first one must have been at least 120 ft.

Another enjoyable vid Bix, did you set all the speedline straps on your way down from the speedline tie in? Just curiosity as I saw no break in vid.

Thanks Joel. Once i got tied in, I went to the bottom and set them as I worked my way back up. Two, maybe three at a time.

I been watchin' a lotta BonnerVision lately... can you tell!?!?! :rockon:
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Jx9ZJ_6dgf4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
TreeHouse unlisted vid

How can you justify pruning like that? It is extreme and unnecessary. You call yourself....

What? ...
Oh I get it... Because I'm a hack! Right?

I was talking about the Ken Burns affect BONNER...

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cHjCsi2W5P4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Team Bixler at it again, pondos, cedars, and black oaks are dropping like fly's lol...nice rope work, good job ;)

I like seeing someone rig like a man. Looked great. I get tired of watching videos of folks rigging baby food down.

Back