Bixler Treework Climbing & Cutting

cool stuff man. Auburn isnt too far from santa cruz. if your ever down this way and you want to climb a redwood or two give me a shout.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Jaime. The boys and I were just down there last weekend for a Cypress Wreck in Moss Landing. I was born in Watsonville, my grandma still lives there. Thanks for the invite, truth be told I've thought the same thing, will do.

Thanks BONNER! I can go a little vid crazy sometimes, but I do it for the older retired fellas around here. APTA4LIFE

I've mentioned I don't watch many vids but for the most part I've got a lot of respect for guys that can and do put them together. Looks like you're rocking it!

Thanks BOTS, that was a fun job, I think it was 110 degrees on that first day. Heat wave! It was nice a breezy today though, except we got attacked by ants! All day long.

LOL, ya, glad we wraped it up at noon, looked like everyone draging there feet...we got a lot done in 6hrs though.

I did a job in Foresthill a while back and got bit-up by ants, I mean that full skip chain on the 44 was shooting em out of the oak trunk like a sprinkler, all over my back and legs, biting me, aweee lol

Brian, very nice, great rigging, vid turned out good, great angle from top!! lots of big stuff going down...it was a fun day :)

That was fine to watch.
One of the best videos I've seen.

Great camera angle I enjoyed it, looked like top notch work as usual

Brian: Amazing vid as always. Like Butch, I've never seen someone put the camera in the lead they cut out before. That was so cool.

How long have you been going SRT? Do you like the rope wrench? My buddy had it, but I wasn't real impressed. I just use a vt with nothing, which, of course binds super tight. Might spring for the Hitch-hiker, to support an old treehouser.

I agree with what folks said...one of the best videos out there for treework. I liked the climber in the beginning doing the tree circle dance to keep away from the rigged limb...very nimble and fluid. Thanks for sharing that.

Back