Bixler Treework Climbing & Cutting

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys. Everything was lowered on the STEIN RC 2000 bollard, great for rapid slack removal, love that tool!

You guys are superb pros!! Your ropeman has a great touch with that rope. I learn things watching your videos...thanks.

I had seen you had a few redirects set up to manage the run of the rope. My last removal I had done the same and the limb jammed between the line and the trunk while resting on the redirect. Cost me 20minutes in re-rigging and climbing.
:(

You guys are superb pros!! Your ropeman has a great touch with that rope. I learn things watching your videos...thanks.
Thank you Gary, I learn a ton from watching vids too.

The ground guys switched positions halfway through the fight. Nick was on the rope the first half and Madman the second half. I learn a ton from watching tree videos too. This one I noticed I didn't like to 'stiff arm' the tree when going for a ride, I tended pull into the tree. With my climb line anchored above the rigging point and redirected to the house side of the tree, everything was moving.

This one I noticed I didn't like to 'stiff arm' the tree when going for a ride, I tended pull into the tree. With my climb line anchored above the rigging point and redirected to the house side of the tree, everything was moving.

From what I saw Bix, the rides you took were mild, and that's a very good thing, nice n smooth 's how a pro operates.

But there again, the serious rides where straight arming's a must IMO happen when your're lanyarded into the catch point, can't let it run, and must ride it out.

Just cuz I do it thataway don't mean nothin.

Maybe I'm just a lucky ole dog?

Jomo

Thanks Pete.

Szajer, it happens. This one wasn't so bad though, took them a minute but they got it…
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5G5S8C3tRA8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bix,

You and your crew do a great job. nice video. Also, from the vista views, you live in a beautiful part of the country.

Michael

Thanks Pete.

Szajer, it happens. This one wasn't so bad though, took them a minute but they got it…
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5G5S8C3tRA8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GET OUTTA HERE! :lol: That was great!

I love how your groundman came running! NOTHING- beats a good groundman. Nothing....

Nice Bix.

Your rope man is excellent.

Course I'd a speedlined the thang to the chipper.

Good stuff Bix lad.

Jomo

Prolly not, Jon..... too much side force. Note that Bix said:

With my climb line anchored above the rigging point and redirected to the house side of the tree, everything was moving.

I believe Bix would have needed a back guy line in order to safely speedline those heavy loads.....

Very very nice, young Jedi! With your new neg blacking technique, I shall henceforth tag you as the "Tree Hugger" Extraordinaire.

Now whaddya do when you've sent your last sling down, and only have a few small limbs left?

You got it , Jack.....

Actually, you lift em up and toss em onto the zip line. Goal is to get 3 outta 4 to make it to the LZ.. For you, young newbie Jedi, 50% for starters shall be your goal.

Hi fellow climbers… Here's another Bix Vid when ya'll have a minute, CHECK IT OUT!
<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OB4UOFA2rKc?list=UUxJ7nKZKesLKLcTKjK8A8Jg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back