Bailey's security breach Sept 2015-Jan 2016

Running joke up here is you press 1 for English and then don't understand a word the customer service rep is saying.

Man, I thought most of you lived in the U.S. Or Canada. The way you are describing things, it sounds like your living in a third world country.

I have had Debit and credit cards for years. We have had chip and pin for years here and now have contact less payment in some stores. Never have I been done or feared about cloning the cards. Even if you are a victim the bank reimburses you the amount. My missus has 3k taken out of her bank account when she reported it, the money was refunded.

The banks here are so proactive that sometimes when I use my card abroad, I get a call from the bank just to check where I am and to verify that I bought a lunch in a cafe in the French Alps.

Gone are the days when you could go on holiday and report your card stolen the first day and then continue using it till you got home and then look amazed at the amount some cheeky bastard had spent on your card ;)

Heh don't misinterpret, it's only eastern Canada that's third world. Out here in gods country, cops don't shoot yah, and the banks don't let criminals steal your money. :D

We don't need no whistler here. I've got silver star and big white as my home mountains. Champagne powder kicks the crap outta that coastal slop. As for smoke, well yah , it's BC=Bud Country. Lol.

It got a long winded email from Bailey's today. My card has been replaced since this breach, so I don't think that will be how I get burned, but they do have other info. Not sure his they will use it, however.

Back