Backup camera on chip truck. Anyone have one?

Which model are you guys using?

I have purchased them from ebay. 150-200.00. Many different kinds. Last ones ordered got two cameras instead of one. One for hitch, one to keep eye on trailer for lift while in transport. Almost all are made in China but seem to work well. Once they become standard on all vehicles, I am sure price will come down.

I taught Karina how to spot. The ah-hah moment was when I told her I'm only going to do what you tell me to do and don't be afraid to stop me so you can check if everything is lined up proper.

Your wife can't realize she's not in the mirror because you keep moving and everything seems normal to her. As soon as you lose her, stop the truck. She'll figure it out.

Karina's good at it now. And I'd rather see her in the mirror than one of my ugly coworkers!

love
nick

All good in theory... but I think we have a dyslexic hand waver/pointer..... she points left and it should have been right.... I could go on, just don't give her a map either, or ask her to write down directions.........

I think its a good idea, seems like it'd be hard to keep clean on a chip truck.

I have a strict policy if two people are present to never back up without a spotter. Nothing dumber than two guys sitting in a cab as a truck or chipper backs into something.

The 40 foot motor home my parents had was camera equipted .It certainly took the quess work out of backing up .

Now then a chipper behind a long wheel base truck is a challange to back up all by itself .

We require a 2 man back up team, driver and spotter.

As much as possibly, I do too. The passenger understands that when the driver is ready to back up, that is not the time to think about getting ready to get out of the truck. When we arrive, they should be ready, and expect to get out right away. I learned this $600 lesson 5 years back. The ladder stuck back farther than I expected. Custom neon is expensive. My groundie isn't worth $36k/hour ($600/ minute).

Made myself a magnetic mount for my contour +2 and it hooks to my fancy pants iphone through bluetooth. Very handy when hooking up...and for backing the chipper up to brush piles :) Now I find out that the edge evolution screen that I just had installed on my chip truck will hook up to any backup camera...kinda thiniking about getting one, so that I don't have to mess around with the contour.

contour +2. Last camera they made before they went tits up. I had a contour helmet cam and chose it because it could be mounted on the side of my hardhat...which is why I chose this one. No more product support or warranty though.

Back