August Hunicke Videos

Ha! I feel there must have been some pay back thoughts involved there :/: lol
Funny stuff August! Only had to don the hood once myself. Bee hive. I got lucky, bees were pretty docile and I was able to do most the job without. Wasps... he'll no! Lol

Nice one August!

My first and last cat rescue jumped when I put him in the rope bag and started zipping it....cat went "Postal" on me and I couldnt hold em, gave me some good scratches:|:

He ran off so I think he made it...

It's amazing what a mouthful of needle teeth and 20 sharp claws can do to flesh. ANOTHER reason to have the front claws removed. NO cat like that has ever needed to be rescued. Moreover, NO cat should be allowed to be outdoors... ever.

Frig cat rescues!

Hahaha...they can suck.

Funny thought bubbles, August. I have done a fair number of cat rescues and those bubbles are perfect.

That one..."I can be everywhere at the same time with this foot" is hilarious.

I got some good laughs from this video...good one.

Never done a cat rescue. Don't plan on adding it to my list. They will come down on their own. It might be annoying listening to them but they will either come down or starve to death.

Travel time ($1 per mile round trip) and $250 for the rescue...sometimes only takes an hour on site...sometimes two.

Money can be decent. One lady paid me $600.

One cat tore me up. I learned some things that time.

I do it for free. Yeah they can come down on their own, but I like all the hero points. Does wonders for business.
Other reasons to rescue:
1. The really old ones, chased up there on adrenaline by dogs and then dehydrated for four or five days can't come down on their own without injury.
2. Some of them are very expensive and their owners want them back in possession rather than coming down at a random time and still gone.
3. Even non-expensive cats if they are much loved, can be saved coming down randomly and getting hit by a car or something.

I've done three cat rescues. One was my own stupid cat and he still sprays on my stuff, the thankless bastard. Yes he was neutered as a youngster, never stopped the spraying one bit. I'm the polar opposite of Butch. I have four cats on the farm and none of them ever come inside. Ever.

I've only done one before also, I took welders gloves and a sack that I keep my bodyboard in. I was worried I was going to drop the cat and it would free fall down and die in front of its owner and all the neighbours that had gathered (do I still get paid? maybe a discount is in order), or survive and then be tornup by the vicious dogs in the yard below. I gave it a test lift by the scruff to check resistance levels which were almost non existant, then proceeded to forcefully stuff it into my sack. It was a nervous time for a while there...

Just got a call yesterday , two days in a Pine Tree at fifty ft. Was working on Saws all morning w a scheduled afternoon job. Told her I would come out after lunch , truth is I didn't hurry as wind was coming up. With wind and sway I was hoping it would come down on it's own. Sure enough as we headed down their road , got the call to stand down. Went elswhere and made money instead. (some believe the Cat is the Bic lighter of the of the pet world)

Back