August Hunicke Videos

I haven't been on Treehouse lately. Been dealing with lots of things good and bad.
Finally finished this tedious video effort tho...

http://youtu.be/nktDTXhNsLM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nktDTXhNsLM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was pretty stinkin cool Aug. The shots of the big (huge) chunks taking the speedline are worth the price of the video. I have absolutely no idea about what you were ever talkin about, but that was a sick video. :drink:

Awesome...as usual,good to see ya mang @ 17:00 approximately, I couldn't believe the shit you started saying 😮 couldn't agree more👍 friggn nailed it.

If there was a skid steer on site I definitely would have leaned toward bombing it out but speedline seemed like a good option to save labor,on a rope is on a rope,it didn't look like he adjusted sizes of the pieces being cut very much.could have even taken longer lowering to the base and waiting for guys to process and clear the area,just my thoughts.
I was thinking the same as you initially but that's what I concluded lol. Also the video would not have been nearly as good

I only speedline when the base of the tree doesn't allow standard roping.

Speedlining = more time rigging, more time for the groundcrew setting up the runs.

Just my opinion...

Zip lining is faster. Plus it may have been hard to tell but that was a slope that went to a 4 foot drop down to the sidewalk. Which meant the wood would have had to of been side hilled out if we roped it all down.
Besides speed lining definitely faster than negative rigging.
No wraps, no control line, aim and shoot.

What's funny Butch is there is some dialogue in the video where I am up there telling them the topography looked flat to me.
As giant logs were being carefuly (slowly) negotiated so they didn't roll down into the house. Would have sucked 10 times as bad if they were right on the sidehill above the house and that fresh River rock wall.
Ha

Haha, yeah I know, I was just trying to say that you and me had the same opinion for a second.

Everything about that video was amazing! Thank you so much for the effort, and the sharing, and the selfless demonstration of skill. You rock. You guys rock!

Cheers

I'm really trying to get some of my clients to sponsor me a proper speedline kit,I don't think I'll be able to revamp my kit till next year at best ☹☹
Im just limping by with what I got atm,almost documented a bit from the other day but I get so engulfed in the task at hand sometimes

(Clients being few guys I climb for not ho's haha)

Really terrific vid, with some great tips, back-guying especially.

Michael Buble was a highlight.

Lot of effort setting up cameras and editing on that. Appreciated.

Back