August Hunicke Videos

A lot of us are narcissists with insecurities. We love the adoration our pictures and videos give us.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Thanks Jed. Please don't keep this topic alive LOL.

I see the lol, and yet I agree... there's such a thing as morbid introspection that lends itself to a peculiar 'reverse pride' for lack of a better description... just navel-gazing when God wants us to be free and just have fun with our lives. The children theme again...

And Ed's right (Thor's Hammer). We all love being noticed. Why else would a grown man (ain't sayin' no names :/:) walk over to the far corner 37 times with a wedge in the back (Reg is on to me :/:) just so that he can pretty it up for the boys on the work pics thread before plunking it over? Any real cutter would have had the stupid thing on the ground ages ago, and would have made just as tight of a shot.

Ahhhh...but fine attention to detail can make the mundane magnificent.

You are catering to a select crowd of appreciaters here.

Just don't let it make you OCD. :D

Gary, Love that comment about detail making the magnificent-mundane!!
I have made some very simple jobs look sensational IIDSSM.
Often times it's the simple jobs that allow more creative thought for set up since the more challenging jobs use more of my CPU, they take away from creative capturing time.
Video gold can be made by precisely what you just said.
Highlighting details in the "mundane" fractions of seconds without dragging on everything.
Except I don't buy into the mundane part because I watch my little children being ecstatic over a great many things that I've become used to, bright stars in the sky etc. and my most esteemed mentor, Jerry, says that complacency kills. Those two points are significant to me.
So putting yet another spin on the details of tree work by making yet another video not so much because I am a drama king, which I am, but because I am awake.

hahaha your doing great Jim, and happy birthday again. Make yourself some German chocolate cake and give it to her with a pouty face.

Except I don't buy into the mundane part because I watch my little children being ecstatic over a great many things that I've become used to, bright stars in the sky etc.

I went to my son's house a few days ago, about 8:30pm. Heard voices in the backyard...found the whole family in their hot tub on the back deck, in the dark, enjoying the hot water and cold, dark sky. They were ooohhhing and aaahhhing over the stars and the boys started asking questions. I taught astronomy once so know a little...I went to the car, got my green laser and we started having a star session. The Big Dipper was out, Orion, Sirius, North Star, the Seven Sisters, Taurus.....we had a grand time. My 10 year old did caution me not to aim the laser at the planes we could see (kids today know EVERYTHING!!).

But your point is well made. We need to have our eyes open, to be awake to the wonderful things around us. So much is there if we take the time to see.

OH, yeah...you should see it when I paint the surface of the moon green...got in trouble for that once.:P

Truthfully, though, there is usually enough dust or moisture in the air that it leaves a reflective green trail that points to the star or planet...lets you trace the shape of a constellation (e.g., Taurus is a big "V" in the sky).

Gary: You're pretty much the coolest guy ever borne. Care to elaborate on the "got in trouble" bit any more?? Man, exactly what kind of laser are you runnin' with?

Jay: I'm gonna have to let that rattle around in my empty head for a bit. I mean... doesn't being noticed (even if it's negative attention) just lend itself to thinking about your (read: my) stupid self even more?

Jed, just the idea of performing in public without being self conscious. Aware of yourself without self consciousness is a nice thing to have.

"We all want to be something, and the moment that we want to be something we are no longer free". ~ Krishnamurti

"Got in trouble" with the laser...nah...I was just spoofin' Butch. I'm careful to keep it away from planes, eyes and 5 year olds.

I have the green laser from TreeStuff...about $40 I think. I had an $80 laser on order last year from Wicked Lasers...very powerful, well reviewed, the one I really wanted. After about 4 months on order they finally sent an email that a batch of lasers from China had been confiscated at Customs...this was when all the idiots were zapping commercial airliners with lasers. They sent a refund and I bought one from TreeStuff. It is doing a fine job...I use it for stars, pointing out limbs and on my APTA.

http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?item=1700

1700.jpg

the idea of performing in public without being self conscious. Aware of yourself without self consciousness is a nice thing to have.

That is an interesting concept. Seems that would be good for eliminating nervousness when performing before a crowd. Thanks for tossing that out for consideration.

I really need to stop by more, just got all caught up on the thread.
A great read and many great points made. :thumbup:

It really is very encouraging to see a conversation get worked out without turning into a huge who
can insult who the most or have the last word debate thing that pretty much ALWAYS happens everywhere else.
You all have my respect for sure.

It's really interesting to get to know a bit more about you all through the posts you put up. ;)

I apologize again for lack of participation, my character/personality is more watch, listen and learn.
I'm still workin' on the not being intimidated to participate part.:|:

hahaha...touchy-feely tree guys. I remember a touchy-feely psychology class in college. I got my first bona fide, without a doubt proposition from a very hot older woman (I was about 21, she was maybe 24) right after the class where we had to hold the other person's hand and interpret something. Marguerite's pick up line was, "I want more than just sex from you." She was married, I was skeered to death...gawd what trouble can present itself.:lol:

Gotta be careful with the touchy-feely stuff.

Back