August Hunicke Videos

Wicked!

What's up with 3:00 gizmo time. Prototype?

Yes prototype. I have a guy who works for me who's always experimenting. Joe Boyd is his name.
He made the line launcher gun too, which honestly blows doors on any line launching device I've ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mighty fine riggin n work plan August, superb!

Would you have climbed it n pieced it out without a nearby n secure TIP tree?

Were there structural faults or cracks in the trunk wood?

A scary tree no doubt, and dealt with very professionally.

Jomo

Thank you, the answer is yes I would have done it without a nearby tree. But I would probably have put even more effort into the guying of it first. So as to sturdy it up for a rigging spar.
No cracks in this one.

Jed, no I'm not worried about offending the rednecks.

August, do you "work" at lining up a cut like that? Or is it from repetition and you do it "naturally"? :?
Just curious.....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CIC3bXwdPtI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not to piss on August's skills, but really, any logger can do that without thinking about it.

I sure would love to spend some "time" with someone experienced like that. :thumbup::)
I know it has a lot(everything)to do with practice and experience but,
I have HUGE respect for everyone that has that ability. :thumbup:;)

It is just a question of felling lots of trees and being conscious about how you do your work.
A logger probably fells as many trees in a year as an arborist does in a career.
That makes a difference.
My old logging mentor said: " No reason to cut more wood than necessary" meaning that when your cuts bypass, you are cutting the same area of the tree twice.
Costs time and gasoline.
When felling to scale, any time saved is money in your pocket.

I very much agree Stig. I know I'll never cut near the number of trees a logger would.
I just get frustrated with myself because I'm a bit of a perfectionist and when my cuts done match
I tend to "grind my teeth" a bit..... ;)

Which is how you get better at it.
By being conscious about making them match.

Exactly Stig. Kind of a Catch-22 though. The arborist often has a little more time to worry about perfection (and more call for it) but doesn't get as much felling practice. The Logger gets tons of practice but isn't going to "lose as much face" for mistake.

573332e75cea89d97eb5b27a9f3cbf8c.jpg

Back