August Hunicke Videos

Nice edit August, as always....and beautiful setting to.

How are you feeling.....your conditioning I mean ?

Good video, August!

Interesting "springboard" setup.

Jed, look at Lake Sammamish State Park, around the corner from you... I bet to differ about some cottonwoods. Beacon Rock SP, on the Columbia. More hollow stumps like drums.

I think that you did some a while back at Lake Sammamish didn't you? Well... that would be the first I've really seen of it up here. Interesting what August had to say about the river ones whose roots get washed out. We did some on the Stillaguamish river whose roots get washed out every spring. They were about 58". Not a hint of rot. I'm guessing that the ones August did were simply quite a bit older, rather than attribute it to some climatic difference.

O.k. yeah, there's a few five blocks away from my house that are completely hollow too. :|::|::|::|::|:

:|::|::|::|::|::|::|::|: Never pay any attention to anything I ever post again. :(:|::|:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice edit August, as always....and beautiful setting to.

How are you feeling.....your conditioning I mean ?

Thanks Reg. I'm outa shape. Been pointing a lot for a long time now. Tree like that has me sore for a day after.
Gotta do something about it. Biceps cramp up from pulling up saws etc. I'm guessing it shows in the vid.
A while back (around the time of my "Timber" vid) I was lean and mean and healthy diet. Not so much now. I have two young climbers that have become very capable over the last couple years and they Hoover up nearly everything I get nowadays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya temp. A friend of mine owns the company so I get a decent rate.

So Willie, do you want to sign a conditioning pact? Train for some sort of future sporting event or something?

I think that you did some a while back at Lake Sammamish didn't you? Well... that would be the first I've really seen of it up here. Interesting what August had to say about the river ones whose roots get washed out. We did some on the Stillaguamish river whose roots get washed out every spring. They were about 58". Not a hint of rot. I'm guessing that the ones August did were simply quite a bit older, rather than attribute it to some climatic difference.

Topped 30 years ago, the bigger ones were 100+, I'm thinking 130', lots of water for roots. One was around 50" with no really mushy wood inside, just a drum of a shell in the 4-6" range.

a couple in the grove didn't show rot to speak of.

I can't find anyone down here to take my climbers on so I'm stuck with Saif for now.

I'm trying to decide on a midlife crisis. I was thinking I should turn 40 with a 6 pack....

. I have two young climbers that have become very capable over the last couple years and they Hoover up nearly everything I get nowadays.

That's your mistake right there. Im guessing you're not doing much spurless climbing either.

Yeah it does show....even in those short clips. I saw you stumbling about a few times, wrapping the line around you hand just to advance....and struggling to hold your weight when you swung for that limb. Scott and I rewind that last bit twice at the end of the job yesterday....right after I spoke to you. It brought some humour to what had been a miserable day at least. Thanks:D

Get back in shape August. leave the wraptor at home for a while.

Lol

somebody had to say it. 'live to inspire' is what he keeps saying....so I'm trying to inspire him.

LOL! LOL at "fat raptor boys" It's okay I'm starting my Eye of the Tiger soundtrack now (heading to the gym.)

No excuse to be fat with a Wrapter:lol: The Wrapter will definately save some energy for my early morning workouts come this spring opening tree season.

My wife and I setup a new gym in our basement, 5 days a week we get up at 5 am to work out at the start of our day before the kids get up at 7.
Her complaint at our old place was when tree season came around I would no longer work out and help motivate her, well it's going to change now as I'm looking into a Wrapter.
I got 300 lbs of plates more then enough weight to bench, deadlift ,squat for someone my age.
Notice the ceiling panel taken out to allow my head to clear when I do pullups.:D That power tower is an excellent piece of equipment, pullups, dips and knee lifts.

20150205_191331.jpg 20150205_191529.jpg

No excuse to be fat with a Wrapter:lol: The Wrapter will definately save some energy for my early morning workouts come this spring opening tree season.

My wife and I setup a new gym in our basement, 5 days a week we get up at 5 am to work out at the start of our day before the kids get up at 7.
Her complaint at our old place was when tree season came around I would no longer work out and help motivate her, well it's going to change now as I'm looking into a Wrapter.
I got 300 lbs of plates more then enough weight to bench, deadlift ,squat for someone my age.
Notice the ceiling panel taken out to allow my head to clear when I do pullups.:D That power tower is an excellent piece of equipment, pullups, dips and knee lifts.

View attachment 59753View attachment 59754

Im not a gym person, but thats impressive Willard....you're 5am routine that is.

No excuse to avoid working out at home. The power tower ,bike and power rack I bought through Amazon for under a $1000.
The tread mill I paid $3000 for about 10 years ago and still a great investment. I had those weight plates since I was a young kid back in the logging camp days.
The puny dumb bells are my wifes, ha.

Back