August Hunicke Videos

A full day of it?? That'll be a cold day in Hell.

I mean, they're allowed rain gear and warm boots, like anyone else.

The irony... But honey, I want to go on an outdoor adventure this weekend...

My former employee's ex-wife/ REI employee wanted to go do outdoorsy stuff.
It's the normal, local culture, at least for transplants.

Many office workers want away from the screen.

Take your kids to work day happens. Your kid might meaninglessly meet all the people you spent the most time with, but your partner doesn't.
Your partner does get to hear all about it, tho.

Seems weird.

I took Terri on a quick couple hour morning job. Introduce the PO. then rappeled off vertical cliff, cut a cypress for a view, and let it all fall into the ocean. Happy customer. Terri hadn't a clue.

They were repeat customers. Rice farmers from the valley. Figure, 100 year old Monterey Cypress trees overhanging ocean bluffs. I worked there off and on for weeks. I took some images. I'll see what I can find

That is an amazing place...so different from what I am used to. I would love to kayak in a place like that.

Thanks for the pictures.

I have a lot of images of the coast. Figures, too, since I live on the coast. I'll show you a few of the many, but rather than derail this thread I'll just start a new one, and call it 'The Mendocino Coast'.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LmkAMF-dpUU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I?ll have to watch it later. I?m barely getting any signal and the buffering would turn it into a four hour documentary. And that has nothing to do with the length of your video. I?m in a hole that barely gets any service. Make them as long or short as you want. I?ll watch when I can

More views, August. Check it out - make some, research the results, decide for yourself.

Most people have short attention spans, so to speak. Not to mention the loading thing...

I personally don't mind longer videos, especially from people as talented as August!!! All of your videos are edited very well, and are made exciting throughout. I actually don't mind some more climbing and work positioning in videos, so you can see that part as well. Most of treework is getting to where you need to work, the actual cutting takes very little time comparatively. That is also where the difference lies between more and less skilled climbers, like many other trades, it's all about the prep work. The actual cutting is very important, but the working the tree efficiently is what actually cuts time. (In my untalented and far less skilled experience)

Totally agree, Kyle. Work positioning is major. Sometimes the difference between struggling for balance and being easy and comfy in the tree is only a few inches...makes all the difference in energy conservation. Position sets everything up.

August...the ball tests were hilarious...looked like a demon/ghost ball floating there.:D

Well said Kyle.
I find the short vids very frustrating. You barely go in the "story" and bang, the end!
It's like a short book, you make the effort to integrate the characters, the tenants, the story, appreciate the travel in the events as well as the narrating style... then ... final period ! Too bad.
That's why I love the long stories spread on many books like Lords of the rings, Dune, Perry Rhodan, the stories written by Tom Clansy ...

Back