All RopeKnight - All The Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not about pissing in the ocean.
Its about all the pissing since the early days of Lead weights and what continues to happen year after year. Its called accumulation>consumption where is the reduce, the reuse and the recycle. Am I the only one that can see the negative effects? never mind that many arbclimbers are handling dusty,mushy leaded bags.

I have cleared properties of trees cause that is what the developer wants, when I get the chance to talk him out of cutting a few because the value is there in the trees and it shows him I care more about the trees than filling my pockets it feeels really good. He hires me back consistently and refers me to family and friends.
Yesterday I visited a property the guy wanted to cut most of the trees down and do a severance.
I drove away selling him a days work and maintaining growing a micro forest in a wasteland subdivision. He was extremely grateful for the education.
Every bit counts and my name is Thomas Amorim I am tied to the earth in a way that is sensitive
I cried many nights the 1st year out of school because of the trees being cut down and needless fertilizing and pesticides application being done in TO.
I worked on a paving crew one summer and that brought me to my knees and drove me to drink uncontrollably... It was the worst.
I know its not a huge deal to most ISA, ITCC, AA, profiteers etc could care less, but it has to start somewhere?

Attachments

• Slide2.JPG
    Slide2.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 50
I prefer my method of recycling my throw bags. If it looks like it is going to split out... Just give it to a reloader of ammo in trade for some special ammo I want made.
I recently even purchased about 75 lbs of lead fishing weights and should be seeing some 400 and 500 grain 45-70 in the near future along with some hot 38s. :D
Save the fishes! More ammo please :lol:

Its not about pissing in the ocean.
Its about all the pissing since the early days of Lead weights and what continues to happen year after year. Its called accumulation>consumption where is the reduce, the reuse and the recycle. Am I the only one that can see the negative effects? never mind that many arbclimbers are handling dusty,mushy leaded bags.

I have cleared properties of trees cause that is what the developer wants, when I get the chance to talk him out of cutting a few because the value is there in the trees and it shows him I care more about the trees than filling my pockets it feeels really good. He hires me back consistently and refers me to family and friends.
Yesterday I visited a property the guy wanted to cut most of the trees down and do a severance.
I drove away selling him a days work and maintaining growing a micro forest in a wasteland subdivision. He was extremely grateful for the education.
Every bit counts and my name is Thomas Amorim I am tied to the earth in a way that is sensitive
I cried many nights the 1st year out of school because of the trees being cut down and needless fertilizing and pesticides application being done in TO.
I worked on a paving crew one summer and that brought me to my knees and drove me to drink uncontrollably... It was the worst.
I know its not a huge deal to most ISA, ITCC, AA, profiteers etc could care less, but it has to start somewhere?
Tommy, with respect, you're are running gas/deisel powered trucks, chippers and chainsaws on a weekly basis, sometimes daily basis to kill or wound trees, for money, as a business. True or false ? The RK is a tool used to help facilitate these operations. The RK is also a business (not charity), true or false? Using the green card as leverage to sell the RK is a tough sell, for me at least.

Approximately 10 million metric tons of lead are produced / consumed worldwide (stat. from 2010).
80% of which goes into batteries, btw.
56 tons out of 10 million is like a drop in the bucket, or pissin' in the ocean.

That was the point I was trying to make.

I wasn't really advocating an " apres moi , le deluge" attitude.

Lead throw bags are Still a negative contribution:? cheap bags are more expensive in the long term. Nothing you can say or show us can explain why Lead bags are a positive contributor. Lead is all bad PERIOD end of story.

Reg for every tree I remove a save a dozen or more. My core biz is pruning. I am booked months in advanced to prune trees Trees in the 2nd, 3rd,4th 5th etc stage of a pruning cycle. Trees that others have said ctg. Trees the developer/HO/property manager etc have said ctg. My goal as an arborist is to keep trees standing for as long as possible dead or alive.
Wounding and pruning trees allows trees to contribute positively, to get as big as possible as fast as possible. The RK is like any other toool. Knife is an instrument of death and life/pruning/surgery. RK is an instrument for smooth rope access for death or for life. Whats your point?
Green card is played because it is a fact the RK is an improvement and a positive contributor in comparison to most any other throw weight.
Its quite obvious many do not or cannot follow me down this rabbit hole? Either way I am enjoying the ride.
56 tons year after year. wtf really that is just wrong.

Life is too SHort to throw an Ugly bag guys RK is smart arbvention for your better future.
Can you imagine a boat , ski, car, train, plane etc made of cloth material. Couple that with toxic LEad Pb. It is simply the dumbest bit of engineering ever. Its multitudes of steps in reverse.
This is an improvement up and beyond the traditional method and classic wt.
https://www.youtube.com/user/ropearmour?feature=results_main

I've probably had less than 12 throwbags in 25 years. Last year I spent more than $5000 gas alone to transport me to tree killings. If bad karma coming my way Im guessing it won't be for using led filled throw weights.

I keep pissin on bags but that was my starting point and I use to go through 3 to 5 a year. I made my own out of nuts and bolts and finally came to what it is today.
when you finally get that Lead taste
out of your mouth and see the bag for what it really is you will be happy to know and find the RK will slip and slide throough the tree and smooth over transition knots to position your rope. It is the wisest choice.

I generally start at the top sans spurs. I count on throw wts more than my spurs. That would be difference.
You and I, the real fight is staying pain and injury free.
Knock on wood Brother!

I do lots of pruning also, always have....because I'm good at it, and quick too
I'm a qualified Arborist as well as a removal guy. But carry on, no worries mate.

Being a logger, I mostly make my living killing trees, and use a lead shot throw bag, too.
No hope for me, I guess.

I keep pissin on bags but that was my starting point and I use to go through 3 to 5 a year

How is that even possible? Seriously.
I can only recall one bag actually dying in battle, and that's because I used my truck to rip it out of the tree. (Tired, frustrated)
Apart from several other retired specimens that had the ring rip out, or seams start to let go. But that's over a 25 + year timeframe.

Survey says those who throw for a living average 3 bags or more a yr. Survey I performed UK, Germany, USA, Canada, in person by yours truly and thru the forums.
Face to face Arbclimber accounts average 3/yr.
Lifetime guarantee with the ropeknight.
Doesn't matter where you are throwing Canadian shield, paved
Hard scapes whatever guaranteed to outperform and outlast any throw weight
Cheers

Here consider this if you please.
Your wrist watch imagine if it was made of material like a fabric and couple that with the lil battery.
Yrs ago a battery would last up to two yrs and today same watch, same use battery might last 10 to twelve months.
That's messed up!
Things are suppose to get better?
No they intend to steal your money, time and time again.
I always try to research and find quality
Stig my watch is from Denmark, your home, simple strong, durable clean smooth lines, stainless steel, super hardened mineral crystal but requires a disgustingly design flaw The battery's . Like throw bags and Lead Pb.
Just to prove another point since batteries have been brought up.

Attachments

• IMG_20140831_214424_edit.jpg
    IMG_20140831_214424_edit.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 54
Survey says those who throw for a living average 3 bags or more a yr. Survey I performed UK, Germany, USA, Canada, in person by yours truly and thru the forums.
Face to face Arbclimber accounts average 3/yr.
Lifetime guarantee with the ropeknight.
Doesn't matter where you are throwing Canadian shield, paved
Hard scapes whatever guaranteed to outperform and outlast any throw weight
Cheers

Ive only split 2. One I continued to use with the split for about 6 months....the other split on the very first day because it was just garbage I believe. On both occasions the led shots never escaped because the balloon stayed in tact. The other 10 I just either lost or misplaced. I sure wouldnt like to misplace 10 ropenights

The hard surface thing has never really proved that big an issue, as when you miss a target the bag generally sails through the tree anyhow/somehow....and what with the friction created by the line running over branches etc its usually traveling at half speed by the time it hits the ground, if you haven't grabbed the line already. Rarely does the bag hit the tree and bounce right back to the ground without getting snagged somewhere. One could produce a higher impact with a big shot, especially firing into densely branched conifer or something. But same as throwing, a person would generally shoot only as hard as is needed, at a favorable angle also....at least if they had any sense or experience.

Roger, Im not big into manhugs....a brisk handshake will suffice. Thankyou

@Butch man it is always my intention to stay under the radar and leave it alone. Just trying to be honest about things.
My humblest apologies to all.
A few images drive me.
Arbclimber who died a number of yrs ago had vid with his daughter playing keep away with dusty old throw bag
Same situ and another Arbclimbers with his best friend a dog
An Arbclimber take pull from a cig or eating sandwich with leaded fingers
Poisoned birds.

Aside from the above, don't be fooled by a bag with the lead in cased in a balloon . Balloon is short lived, Lead is pulverized to bits, so the bag either abraded by the shot or disintegrates from ozone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back