All RopeKnight - All The Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being an innovator not just tools but techniques as well validates you as the one to get it done.
Lemon aid again.
Rk wrapped in vinyl will out perform anything on the market.
Very lil loss of performance. Like throwing an automatic transmission in a corvette. Same performance slightly altered.
What's your favorite beer?

Well it makes a bit of money and has drawn a lot of favorable attention.
New and present clients like what it stands for including the conserves/ naturalist type.

There's a difference between making money per unit v money made or lost over the whole process, which I believe must be 4 years or so ?

If you've made a loss over that period (you hinted as much a few posts earlier), then you should be realistic in your forecast of the future. Because its quite possible that you've peaked already Tommy, and this is as good as it gets. If thats the case, and your can argue thats its not all about the money, then who and what is it all for, really ?

Which brings us back to what I'd said earlier. That being you're clearly a dedicated, single-minded, honest and innovative individual.. Should you really channel so much of your inherent qualities at this project, not to mention the expense....when quite possibly there far more rewarding and achievable challenges out there to be had ?

Again, and I dont want to keep talking about myself all the time, but what really put my previous situation in perspective was when eventually I made something that did actually make money....like, $hit that was easy....WTF was I thinking those other 3 years? Where was the reward ?

Okay I get it.
Moving on!
I still have a few things to learn and accomplish.

I love my vocation, trees and the related.
and this RA distraction has been a blessing. A blessing to the environment, to those who find the RK advantages necessary to their operations, my personal growth, and my family and friends.
Money is important, we are leading the industry and sharing with arborists and the world towards that end.
I may never see a return, my children may not see a return but in the end we can all agree that technology writes the future and we will be judged by what we leave for future generations.

Take for example the vids and books of Jerry B and your own vids on youtube. A great legacy in the art and science of arboriculture from which I ahve learned plenty.
Not everything we do has a monetary value, their is the intangible, the metaphysical, spiritual, community, friends and the love of god or whatever you believe or not.

I am blessed with a great country, freedom, health and education etc. Its ok to share.

Monetary return is a big part of doing business, generally ties in with putting food on your table. Still, as you are saying, Tommy, the whole matter can be subject to one's own interpretation. Aside from Reg's learned "practicality" on the subject, good for you in coming to some kind of comfortable terms over the results of your venture. From the way that you write about it, I assume that you have put a lot of your "soul" into your product. I will say something else, however, and it isn't meant as a criticism. When you put a lot of yourself into a product, and it is very favorably received and sells, it tends to be rather stimulating in a most encouraging way. There is a cycle to making things when in such business, from the initial thought process where the concept gets developed, through the manufacturing, and on to the point where what you have developed goes to market. In my case that is followed by sweeping up lots of dust. :|: Selling completes the cycle in a very positive energy way, and hopefully ties the entire process together in a both exciting and even spiritual context. Something to do with the sense of one's purpose.... Selling can be the refreshing part to spur you on to new things, so once again the cycle that you thrive on begins.

Okay I get it.
Moving on!
I still have a few things to learn and accomplish.

I love my vocation, trees and the related.
and this RA distraction has been a blessing. A blessing to the environment, to those who find the RK advantages necessary to their operations, my personal growth, and my family and friends.
Money is important, we are leading the industry and sharing with arborists and the world towards that end.
I may never see a return, my children may not see a return but in the end we can all agree that technology writes the future and we will be judged by what we leave for future generations.

Take for example the vids and books of Jerry B and your own vids on youtube. A great legacy in the art and science of arboriculture from which I ahve learned plenty.
Not everything we do has a monetary value, their is the intangible, the metaphysical, spiritual, community, friends and the love of god or whatever you believe or not.

I am blessed with a great country, freedom, health and education etc. Its ok to share.

Ok Tommy. Just remember to be smart mate, and put yourself and your family first. Yo owe the industry nothing at this stage, and theres nothing to prove either. Funny you mention Jerry, and ironic how he's called time on the fundamentals book, just....because its run its course, time to move forward. Tree videos on YouTube don't count for an awful lot when alls said.

Whatever happens from here onwards, I don't think anyone gonna forget the crazy, bald Canadian guy any time soon. Congratulations on the RK, and take it easy mate :thumbup:

I heard you when you said “I get it” Thomas. Separate from that I would just like to say that my hat is off to Reg too. He went out on a limb and put a bunch of effort into communicating something that 90 some percent of the time one would do well to take to heart in business transactions. I would hope someone would talk to me like that if I was in danger of following my passions too far down the path.

I heard you when you said “I get it” Thomas. Separate from that I would just like to say that my hat is off to Reg too. He went out on a limb and put a bunch of effort into communicating something that 90 some percent of the time one would do well to take to heart in business transactions. I would hope someone would talk to me like that if I was in danger of following my passions too far down the path.

Well said Merle! I hope I to have someone be straight forward with me when I need it. It is also much easier to take in when a person reminds you of your positive attributes! Good advice is only good if one takes it :thumbup:

Love your honesty guys. I read your words of care and concern that you feel I am wasting my time and money.
I will be honest with you, Your beating a dead horse.
Rk is safer than a bag, ball or whatever you choose of the shelf.
Cost can be adjusted, to a point. I will do my best to bring the price down.
What do you all think is a fair price for Rk?
Reg if you wanted another what would be a fair price?

View attachment 53568
View attachment 53569

Safer by design and designed to make Money !

Money back guaranteed performer and guaranteed for life.
Everything is in your favor.
http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?category_id=285&item=1500

Patiently awaiting your reply Reg?:beerchug:

Some of you may be curious to see this customization for a client recently.

9.5oz and 5.5inches long. Diameter is substantially less than a bag.
It does happen where a client really wants to make it to their specs.
And that is a cool thang about RA. It can be exactly what you want it to be.
Client told me he got his daughter to paint one up like a football. Cool how?
I always like the superheros, Thor, Hulk, Spiderman, Batman etc.

RA is the future for some, its definitely not for pussies, just kidding!:lol:

Here is the RK SS. Not sure what to call it. Any ideas ladies and gentlemen?
DSCF0005.jpg DSCF0007.jpg DSCF0009.jpg Design It.jpg

Hope someone comes up with a cool name for lil guy. mb we can get thing going and vote on it
and give one to the best name?
just puttin it out there cause we all know how I like to throw my money away.:goodluck:

Is there still one traveling around Thomas? I have yet to use one, but do see a potential loss of that little screw. Could that be some sort of push pin?
I lost two bags in a big pitch pine today. $40 down the drain or at least gone until I am back climbing. I'd be furious if I lost one of these to that tree.
Maybe The Royal Knight and a black anodized one called The Dark Knight.

I would love to see "some sort of push pin" everything we tried doesn't like impacts.
If you have one that will work, loved to see it.
The traveller is headed back to Canada I think?

There is the money back guarantee if you find it doesn't out perform traditional bags.
Almost everyone here who has tried it is saying "it works as claimed" .
Really is underestimated how important getting lines in the trees really is and the importance of having a throw bag that does what we want it to fast, smooth and easy like your ABCs :)
Cheers

Is there still one traveling around Thomas? I have yet to use one, but do see a potential loss of that little screw. Could that be some sort of push pin?
I lost two bags in a big pitch pine today. $40 down the drain or at least gone until I am back climbing. I'd be furious if I lost one of these to that tree.
Maybe The Royal Knight and a black anodized one called The Dark Knight.

I have it, I pm'd Canadiantreeman he is supposed to be next in line, but I haven't heard from him, it's been a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back