2004 international/versalift

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll be buying as new of a truck as I can find. I like the forestry set-up and don't have issues with it. Nobody here locally uses a dedicated rear mount truck, not a single one. I can see the advantages but it doesn't fit into my set-up.

I agree, Justin. No way in Hell would I pay $30K for a 20 year old truck.

And I also agree with your assessment that a forestry truck is the best choice for your current situation. You only have one driver, yourself. Your uncle probably won't be working with you more than another year or so and a rear mount bucket means you need a driver for the chip truck. An employee you don't have yet.

For nothing more than discussion, I break down that rearmount truck like this:

The ALC was rearmounted in '07 by the factory so I am almost sure the booms were rebuilt at the same time, so essentially you have a 2 yr. old cab guard, deck, outriggers booms, ect. If I wanted those parts I'd value them at about 20 to 23k plop a 5k truck under it and you got 28k (what it should be priced for). If think if I was in his situation I'd consider this truck for nothing more than something to last a yr. or two then move the good booms and equipment to a newer truck.

As far us current situation, I kinda gathered/assumed Justin is a sharp cookie and doesn't want to be a one man band forever. I am just trying to get equipment idea's into his head for the future, not just today.

I've almost talked myself into this truck:|:

See that's your set-up. Giant shop and crew and whatnot. I'm not switching booms from a chassis to another one, not happening. And I'm certainly not going to pay someone around here to do that $$$$$$.

I see your breakdown on that truck, but I'm yet to see someone show me a comparable truck to the one I'm looking at at a much better deal. That's more what I'm concerned about, that and the fact that the salesman there is seriously dropping the ball by not e-mailing me the info I've asked for numerous times now.

I see a dedicated chip and bucket truck like this right now. Two trucks, two inspections, two insurances, two drivers, two headaches, two maintenance/repair bills. To much money to spend right now.

I own my ghetto truck a 1 ton dump that hauls my dump trailer with my mini skid in it. I already own that stuff and have it and it works well alongside of a foresty bucket and chipper.

Squish, for the get it here part, does using the rails do any better than flying out and driving back?

I will definetly be checking that out. I wouldn't let someone drive it out but a railcar could be a possibility.

We have drive away companys down here. Fully bonded/Insured to drive trucks back to where you needed them.

Jonsey, keep in mind that the truck he is looking at is about 5000km away, I think a delivery service (we have them locally) might be a bit pricey.

Last time I used them it was about $1.10 per mile, inclusive of fuel, lodging, tolls ect.

But if the truck breaks down, you pay $$$$

I wonder if it could catch a ride on a heavy-hauler. If it's on a low-boy, and the low-boy breaks down, it's someone else's wallet that's going to be hurting.

Colborne is 5 hrs away from me.

Better be strippers in that town.

I wonder if it could catch a ride on a heavy-hauler. If it's on a low-boy, and the low-boy breaks down, it's someone else's wallet that's going to be hurting.

I have had them moved on double drop extendibles to keep the whole truck in the well. Most combo's are too tall if you have to put the steers or drives up on the bogie.

Here's a 2005, 75' WH, has an elevator, 210 hp dt466, runs and drives super, great condition, Terex, upper/lower over center, smooth and quick. 95k maybe a deal possible. I was the last to use this truck, very well maintained.

Attachments

• Rose terrace 001.jpg
    Rose terrace 001.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 7
Who knows if I'll be heading out that way or not 9:00pm out that way and no e-mail from the salesman. Business must be good. I've got a couple of calls in to other trucks I've found too but haven't heard anything back yet.

Here's a 2005, 75' WH, has an elevator, 210 hp dt466, runs and drives super, great condition, Terex, upper/lower over center, smooth and quick. 95k maybe a deal possible. I was the last to use this truck, very well maintained.

I would love that truck but 95k US is outta my price range even with a deal.

The power of the Tree House will help you get through this, Justin. We have too many people with too many connections in too many locations for you do have to do this alone.

Wish I was less than 4 days away, I can't do a whole lot on this one from here.

Heh I would love to buy Dave's friends truck but I'm seriously not in that price range. I'm looking feverishly and if I could go to the states that's probably where I'd be going and this would all be alot easier. As of right now I know of seven forestry unit bucket trucks in Canada, seven. And besides this '04 the next newest I've found is a '98.:(

And still no e-mail from the salesman, I don't know if maybe he's got a deal already in the works or if he's just a putz. I'm not a a--hole by nature but if you tell me you're e-mailing me all the pics and info then do it. Two days now, yesterday he said he'd do it yesterday.

Yah you would think so Steve, kind of weird seeming.

Well now that I'm newly enlightened in the actual cost of passports and due to my complete lack of being able to find much of anything in Canada I'm going to expand my search into the PNW of the States. So any of y'all housers in that territory know of any potential prospects say around 50g US a heads up would be appreciated.:)

contact loni at ite trucks in wa
he usually has some nicely reconditioned trucks, they sent one to a guy i know...he was happy with them

im looking for something in the 30 k $ range...forestry with pony motor

ca tree equipment...matt bauer
he's just a broker and has a bit of a markup but he sometimes has some nice ones...ive not dealt with them as of yet

Hey there s one on wesspurs link to used equip....aloc.....5.9 cummins
20 grand....needs inspection and updates

id try ite
or schmiddys machinery in clinton IL

good luck, its so hard to find something nice.....i like joneseys boom..but for 30 g cant a fella get some door locks on that rt side passenger door....ha...sorry

i just like to ba able to park and lock up

I don't know a thing about that type boom .However Tom has basically the same truck with the exception of a Hi-Ranger boom with a chip box .

He has had very little trouble with the actual truck itself . He had to do something with a cooling fan maybe but that's about it .

It has enough power but it wouldn't do real well in hilly country .

Back