2004 international/versalift

squisher

THE CALM ONE!!!!
It's looking like this truck could become a reality for me. I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with this chassis/motor or with the newer versalift booms. My old truck had a versalift on it and it worked flawlessly for me. I really like that there's no replacement schedule on any of the boom parts. Questions/comments appreciated. As I get more details I'll post them up, like the hours/mileage and whatnot.

They're asking 69g canadian.

2004 International VO255 Versalift
29,000 GVW
60' working height
6 speed
Hydraulic Brakes
195 HP
Diesel Pony Motor
Arbortech Body Package
Sign Carriers
4300 DT 466E
12' Chip Box

Attachments

• 2004_International_Forestry_Unit_55_Versalift.jpg
    2004_International_Forestry_Unit_55_Versalift.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 144
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Price seemed reasonable to me from anything comparable I could find on the net.

Here's some examples:

http://www.californiatreeequipment.com/photos/forestry/05-ihc-rf.html

http://www.equipmenttraderonline.com/find/listing/2004-INTERNATIONAL-4300-94785104

http://equipment.treetrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=3216

http://equipment.treetrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=2944

http://equipment.treetrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=2927

Also 69g canadian = 59,300 us right now

If I'm missing something on these trucks that I'm comparing to please let me know. I definetly don't want to get burned but I am in a rush to buy.

Also any Treehouser's near Colborne Ontario who may be willing to check the truck over for me would be greatly appreciated.

You'd love that boom, for sure; it's the same lift I flew in Kentucky, Brian.

Yeah, that motor won't move mountains, but they're proven very reliable.

Mapquest shows it as being across the lake from Rochester NY. Maybe Andrew might be able to run up and check it out?

I think Andrew runs about as often as I do.

The truck has sex appeal for sure, but $59k seems a bit high although I'm not drastically in tune with the bucket market in the US, much less Frenchy land.

That is a nice combo, I have run several internationals with the 6 spd and dt466. Power wise it will lack a little with a full load and chips but better than most combos in a bucket I have driven. I haven't seen medium duty trucks with much more power than those. Good luck

Do you need the chip box on it? A buddy of mine has the same truck I beieve with a rear mount Terex 60' wh with only 9000 miles .I think he wants $45k. his back is fu#### and hes retiring:(

Yah that's close to the same as my old set-up. It looks like they've changed the tool box configuration slightly but the dump part looks basically the same.

Steve I'm not certain on the make of the pony motor, this guy is dragging his feet a bit e-mailing me more pics and info even though I've been hounding him and warned him that if he doesn't get me the info asap I'll pester him even worse.:D

For all those of you who are saying it's pricey, while I appreciate the input a link or something to one that's comparable that you'd say is a good deal would be appreciated.8)

This truck is one of only four forestry set-ups that I've found in Canada. Four across the entire nation that I've been able to locate so far. Not 400 like you could find anywhere on the eastern US seaboard on a given day.

And while I would like to get a good deal, I need to buy a truck within the next two weeks. I'm picking up a whale from a good buddy today that I can use for a couple of weeks but after that I'll be up the creek if I don't have a new truck.

I think Andrew runs about as often as I do.

The truck has sex appeal for sure, but $59k seems a bit high although I'm not drastically in tune with the bucket market in the US, much less Frenchy land.

I'm all about the sex appeal baby.:D

Attachments

• IMG_7162.JPG
    IMG_7162.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 90
Do you need the chip box on it? A buddy of mine has the same truck I beieve with a rear mount Terex 60' wh with only 9000 miles .I think he wants $45k. his back is fu#### and hes retiring:(

I would love a rear mount but then I'd have to buy a whale too and that's just not going to happen right now. A dedicated chip truck was going to be my next purchase and then when my forestry unit was used up I was going to get a rear mount. That will still be the plan just pushed back aways though.

I might be able to go look at it late next week at the earliest.

Maybe.

And then buy this.........http://equipment.treetrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=3155

for less than 58k combo

If you fly me to BC I will show you how to use the winch and load faster than a log loader.

5372356.jpg

FWIW you couldn't give me a combo truck for residential work.

Once you've gone rear-mount and seperate chip truck, you'll never go back to a combo.

I don't want a 1990 bucket though, and if I buy a 04 rear mount bucket there will be no fundage left over for a chip truck.

I've heard all the debates before but I've been struggling along just fine with my forestry set-up until now.

I can't see how mid to low 30's is a good deal for a 1990 rear mount and mid to high 50's (cause I'm not going to pay sticker price) is a bad deal for an 04 forestry unit.

Again this is my season here I can't take a month to line-up fly around and import trucks. I need a truck yesterday.

I guess what I am saying is that if your gonna spend $50k look at going the way that will make you the most efficient in what you encounter. Don't settle/overspend because you need it yesterday.

For me a combo truck would be a waste of money, it just wouldn't work in my program.

I agree, Justin. No way in Hell would I pay $30K for a 20 year old truck. I've owned 20 year old trucks and no matter how pretty the paint is, there is still a 20 year old truck underneath. 20 year old trucks break down a lot more than 5 year old trucks, and repairs are more involved and require a lot more work to complete.

And I also agree with your assessment that a forestry truck is the best choice for your current situation. You only have one driver, yourself. Your uncle probably won't be working with you more than another year or so and a rear mount bucket means you need a driver for the chip truck. An employee you don't have yet.

If I was a full service tree company instead of a hired gun, I'd be rolling in a forestry bucket as well.

Here's another way of looking at the situation.

If you buy something new and very marketable now...nothing says you can't sell it down the road.;) Then take the money to buy what you wanted in the first place.

Just thinking out loud is all.

HC

Back