The RIP Thread...

That’s terrible, I’m sorry for your loss.
Depression is screwy and there’s so much that’s not understood. There’s been almost irrefutable links drawn between suicide and certain medications as well as head injuries. Even minor concussions can really change a person’s mood and outlook, practically change the person.
Again, my condolences man.

I was lucky enough to see them on their first 3 tours (Kill 'em All, Ride the Lightning & Master of Puppets), and I actually was trying to play bass back then, so Cliff was a semi-hero to me....

Seen Metallica on the "Load" tour. That album was a load of crap but they played enough older songs to make it worthwhile.

That's terrible. I think the idea behind a helicopter is they lose power, and rotors are supposed to ease you back down. Doesn't seem to work that way in practice :^/

Called "auto-rotation" as I know it...supposedly a "glide" using the rotors as much as that works.

My good friend, Dean, was a chopper pilot in VN. He had to auto-rotate into Cambodia (an operation the US constantly denied actually happened). He said the landing is not smooth...they survived the crash/glide and spent a week E&E (escape and evade) to get back to Nam. Bad juju.

It was thrown out, a completely false charge. She had a different dude's cum and caucasian pubic hair as evidence.

The Kobe Bryant sexual assault case began in July 2003, when the news media reported that the sheriff's office in Eagle, Colorado, had arrested professional basketball player Kobe Bryant in connection with an investigation of a sexual assaultcomplaint filed by a 19-year-old hotel employee.[1] Bryant had checked into The Lodge and Spa at Cordillera, a hotel in Edwards, Colorado, on June 30 in advance of having surgery near there on July 2 under Richard Steadman. The woman accused Bryant of raping her in his hotel room on July 1, the night before the surgery.

Bryant admitted to a sexual encounter with his accuser but denied the assault allegation. The case was dropped after Bryant's accuser refused to testify in the case. A separate civil suit was later filed against Bryant by the woman. This was settled out of court and included Bryant publicly apologizing to his accuser, though admitting no guilt.

That's terrible. I think the idea behind a helicopter is they lose power, and rotors are supposed to ease you back down. Doesn't seem to work that way in practice :^/
I guess that depends directly of the problem affecting the helicopter. If the engine is dying but all the rest is still (mostly) OK, that may work. Otherwise the control can't be maintained. I heard that the helicopter is much more instable than a plane and needs a permanent adjustment of the flying parameters. Stop or loose that, and you loose immediately the machine.

Back