In The News...

My point's that immigration quarantine camps are nothin new in America, historically.

Neither are refugees fleeing their home countries when yu bomb the chit out of em.

Jomo

Just stop them before they reach Canada alright? We're counting on you guys to do a better job then the Mexicans. :drink:

We have a good number of South Americans that Canada brings in to work at the local pork plant because it's easier for all the locals to bitch and stay on welfare rather than take a job that's literally handed to them.

Bob, on that front things look pretty good if you only look at the "unemployment rate"...but much of the low unemployment is due to labor force participation falling.

Also, continued low unemployment (high pressure on labor market) usually means continued rise in interest rates, stock sell-offs, etc. Not that great for the economy (or the debt) over-all in the long run.

While the new import taxes and regs may add a few jobs in the metal & mining industries here (fairly small industries here comparatively, ~4k jobs is metal production), there are far more jobs that depend on using metals (~4mil) that could be affected or at risk because of the higher cost of doing business and lack of competitive pricing. So again...looks good short term, but not in the long run.

What is also funny is that you echo exactly that same line of thinking in your posts. Do you watch a lot of your local Sinclair broadcasting affiliate? I think they are based in Baltimore

I disagree. IMO the issue isn't whether or not foreigners should be allowed in. The issue is ILLEGAL entry, coming in illegally and then trying to claim you belong here. No, you can go back and use the process that legal immigrants use. Fill out the paperwork, get checked out for criminal history and get a green card until you apply for citizenship.

We still welcome all, as long as they don't barge in illegally. The selective outrage by those on the left over this issue is ludicrous. Illegal border jumpers are NOT immigrants, they are illegal intruders.

Got to agree with Brian on this one. (politics aside)
Also what will happen when all those people reach the border:

A camp will have to be set up to house them, which side, who funds it?
They will need to be assessed for refugee/asylum status, as they claim they are fleeing violence and persecution
Do they have appropriate documentation with them, if not how do they get it? Very difficult when fleeing violence and persecution
This can take a long time
People will get tired of the time it will inevitably take, or get disgruntled with the beurocracy they did not anticipate
They will agitate for a faster process
Taxpayers will get irritated at what it costs to house and process so many people at one time
It will be a mess.
Get ready

I really feel sorry for anyone who is forced to flee their homeland for legitimate reasons, I've never had the experience.
I have experienced emigrating legally, it took over two years and a LOT of paperwork

Back