Hunting 2013

meh, I've actually skinned and fried up a almost born deer fetus.

It wasn't bad, just saying.

If you are squeamish about that stuff then you should likely not be in the killing critters for food business.

Most wild sows I shoot are carrying.

I'll kill it, I just don't wana eat it.
Imma wuss like that:lol:

meh, I've actually skinned and fried up a almost born deer fetus.

It wasn't bad, just saying.

If you are squeamish about that stuff then you should likely not be in the killing critters for food business.

Most wild sows I shoot are carrying.
Not squeamish, just trying to look out for the resource and be as humane as possible. Most folks don't understand when you tell them the great respect you have for an animal that you kill and eat.

What Limbrat says, plus, when I was younger and thought that I "knew it all" I did things that I now very much regret. I don't think anyone would think that what I did was kind, moral, or right. You learn, change, see things in a different way after you realize your own mortality. You appreciate and respect life more. A does fawn for example, you may not view as something that you would throw into a skillet, unless you were starving and if you did, you certainly wouldn't laugh or brag about it. Too Heavy?

piggy.jpg

Oh yes I like the piggy. This shot is looking down hill. The sow is in the middle of the pic at the bottom. She lost something on the way down.

You change when you realize your own mortality. That is fine if you want to spend your days hugging butterflies as a result of your relationship with your own mortality.

Having held my mom's hand while she took her last breath in the same week I saw my daughter take her first breath has given me a better than average appreciation for mortality. I firmly believe that all living creatures share the same plight and struggle for life. Some end up on my dinner plate. I feel for them. Unlike all the other folks at a steakhouse or McD's I have a firm understanding that something lost its life for my meal. Thank you God, Amen.

I also feel for the trees that have been in my path. I can think of trees in Germany that survived for 200+ yrs and two World Wars but they didn't survive the day I got a work order....

While I'm enjoying the warm weather, part of me wants fall to get here asap. I know it's 2014 now but didn't want to start a new thread
phes2.jpg
phes3.jpg
phes4.jpg

Getting my dog ready, pointing a pigeon in a launcher
point.jpg

Is she cute? Did she come armed? Extra rounds? Nice eyes?

Excellent round of questioning. I fear my interest has been peaked.

Unfortunately .... I am waiting for one of the local shops to get the list of my ownership...
I went by today and they had not got the list yet. Maybe tomorrow.. then FFL paper work and taxes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just snagged a 1st gen TC contender in 35 rem with a super 14 barrel and leupold m8 4x ext eye relief scope.

Tucker. Have you ever hear of a 300 blackout round? If so, what do you think of them? I've been looking at the uppers for my m4. The only thing different you need to buy for ar platform is the barrel but i'm going to just get a whole new upper, just for the ease of changing back and forth in 3seconds. I've hear there a popular round for hogs.

Wish i could afford a .408 cheyenne. I've always wanted to go long long range hunting. I'm talking like mountain top to mountain top, in say like montana.

Wish i could afford a .408 cheyenne. I've always wanted to go long long range hunting. I'm talking like mountain top to mountain top, in say like montana.

You mean the kind where by the time you get to your prey, the vultures have already eaten it?

Back