All RopeKnight - All The Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres a thread where we can talk about the great product from Rope Armour, The RopeKnight System.

Since, of all the other threads on the site, none of them are titled or really have anything to do with the RopeKnight System this will give us a place to put ALL of our thoughts on the system. No longer will we need to derail or dilute the other threads.

Have a great story or funny anecdote involving the RopeKnight? Has the Rope Shield gotten you out of a tight jam? Want to post a review of any of the RK family of products? This is the place to post it!

Feel like recommending the RK to a friend? Post it here!

This will organize all of the conversation and 'buzz' surrounding the RK System into one place making easier for fans, owners and potential purchasers to find any and all content associated with their favorite line setting device!

Here are some details on the system incase anyone hasn't seen it:
http://www.ropearmour.com/products.shtml

The Knot In Shining Armour is available from many fine retailers including www.treestuff.com but since Tobe doesn't like it, you wont find it at evil Sherrill!
Try this again.

What has me puzzled is how many tree guys rip open their worn throw bags and feed the shot to birds? I was unaware it goes on by the ton. Most junk small tools always seem to end up in a pile of chips decomposing somewhere.

DDT and Mercury were the two factors ( Along with frigging hunters, of course) that contributed most to the Grey Sea Eagle going extinct here.
Not lead.
Dead pigs got them back in fine form, we now have almost 200 pairs:)

The problem is that both DDT and Mercury is stored in body fat and when released as the wintering bird grows thinner, gets in the eggs and make them unable to hatch.
So the only solution is to keep the birds from eating their natural food, fish from the Baltic ocean.( Even today, pregnant women are told not to eat Baltic fish)
We made a detoxification programme where dead pigs ( Of which we have PLENTY) were placed strategically in areas where young migrants passed over in order to entice them into staying and detoxfying them.
Over a 15-20 year period that brought the population back from 0 to where it is today.

...Your wrist watch imagine if it was made of material like a fabric and couple that with the lil battery.
Yrs ago a battery would last up to two yrs and today same watch, same use battery might last 10 to twelve months....

Casio had it figured out ~30 years ago. Digital watch with battery and solar cell in a small thin case. I wore that watch for about 12 years and never had to change the battery. They were not making a model with the solar cells when I wanted to replace it. I guess they couldn't sell enough low priced watches when they lasted that long. I haven't worn a watch for 15 years now. No need to with cell phones.

What has me puzzled is how many tree guys rip open their worn throw bags and feed the shot to birds? I was unaware it goes on by the ton. Most junk small tools always seem to end up in a pile of chips decomposing somewhere.

Bird lead poisoning[edit]

X-ray of lead shot accumulated in the gizzard of a dead swan
Lead shot-related waterfowl poisonings were first documented in the US in the 1880s;[3] by 1919, the spent lead pellets from waterfowl hunting was positively identified as a major source of deaths of bottom-feeding waterfowl.[4][5][6] Once ingested, stomach acids and mechanical action causes the lead to break down and be absorbed into the body and bloodstream, resulting in death. "If a bird swallows only one pellet, it usually survives, although its immune system and fertility are likely to be affected. Even low concentrations of lead have a negative impact on energy storage, which affects the ability to prepare for migration."[7] Upland game birds such as mourning doves, ring-necked pheasants, wild turkey, northern bobwhite quail and chukars can also ingest lead and thus be poisoned when they feed on seeds.[8]

As scavengers, Californian condors eat carcasses of game that have been shot, but not retrieved, and with them any fragments of lead; this in turn increases the lead levels in their bodies, leading to secondary lead poisoning.[9] Among condors around the Grand Canyon, lead poisoning because of eating lead shot is the most frequently diagnosed cause of death.[9]
Hope this changes your mind on Lead Pb Shot
Here is a bit more.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shot_(pellet)
I have read a fair amount of these types of comments here and on other forums and really find it hard to believe the garbage that gets spouted out.
Treehouse is great place with many great contributors but in the end it is only as good as the lowest common denominator.
Brings out the worst in people some times, including your truly.
Just trying to innovate and make the world a lil better.
If you don not like the RK and do not need it or want it, please keep criticism real.
Cheers

Well, you'll be glad to hear that Denmark outlawed lead shot for hunting about 20 years ago.
For exactly that reason.
If you read through my comments in this thread, I have never said lead shot spread around in nature, particularly in wetlands, isn't bad for birds, only that I don't believe throwbags to be and that for you to claim so for advertising purposes, is ludicrous.

I have never said anything against the RK for the simple reason that I have never tried it, only bitched about your: " Use this product or the eagles will die" thing.

Birds of Prey, the top predators for that matter will eat poisoned birds.
Waterfowl, pigeons, sparrows etc that find this BB and ingest, are poisoned and inturn poison eagles, hawks, falcons etc.
How can this fact be ludicrous?

Throw bags break and are left jammed, snagged and lost in the environment constantly. Ten of thousands of ounces yearly.
Same reason we use biobaroil, we know and understand that petroleum based is a negative contributor.
Certain addidtives in toothpaste are negative contributors to fish
Certain lightbulbs have carcinogens
Chemicals in plastics
etc
We operate in a "green Industry" the arbcommunity is moving this along.
Thanks Luke at www.treestuff.com and Johannes and www.freeworker,com

RopeKnight will help sell to clients who care, clients with money, who care for nature and what they wish to preserve.
I was invited to the Madawaska club area http://www.georgianbayandislandproperties.com/tour-areas/go-home-bay/ of Georgian Bay, to vacation, play and work on a couple of dead and couple of live trees. they paid for the cottage $1500 or more for the week, round trip on a barge 400 to 500 hun, fridge with all the basics, use of all water stuff(kayakes canoes etc) and soon as we docked, they treated us to fresh bread, scones, marmalade and tea.
They know who we are and what we stand for and the efforts we have made with the RK all over the world. RK is a Lead free throw weight, a smart tool, for smart people who want to attract smart clients.
The friends we make are the greatest blessing!
You may have a competitor in your area using the same approach?
Ex. We use biooil, clean fuels, Lead free throw wts etc.

Throw bags break and are left jammed, snagged and lost in the environment constantly. Ten of thousands of ounces yearly.

Thomas, where are you getting this information ? When a throw bag gets stuck in a tree, you don't just quit the job and go home. It stands to reason that you still climb the tree and retrieve the stuck throw bag at the first opportunity. Its pretty difficult to lose once you know where you got it stuck. So why would you just leave it there ? I don't know anybody that's done that.

People have reported doing so.
Myself, never left one behind.
At $15 a bag it happens. If an Rk gets stuck, yep its reported to have happen, no pics to show though and in actuality it is
the line that is stuck some of the times, it will most definitely be retrieved.
wait I did lose a bag once, left it on the ground and someone picked it up before I got back to the area.
Most arbs won't blink twice at giving up a bag hung up in the neighbouring tree if means an extra climb on the bosses dime.

Well who are these people ? You say most Arbs. I dont know any. Most Arbs I know are very particular, and will go crazy about losing gear, any gear....be it a wedge, spur guard, bar wrench or throw weight etc.

Losing a bag in a neighbouring tree you say. Pretty horrific shooting if you miss the entire tree that your aiming at and land it another....and then get it stuck. Most arbs ? Seems pretty far fetched, and unfair !

How many diapers have you washed in your time as a dad?
Was it cheaper and easier just to grab a disposable? Maybe just easier?
There you go! A culture of throwbagers trained to throw away money, throw away bags and
throw away free thinking.
I understand you can't bite the hand that feeds you but damn man, is this not make any sense?
Its quite blatant disregard for the world. M
My dad came to work the nickel mines left Portugal with only the clothes on his back.
My mom taught me if you can't afford quality make due with out and save
the world wars were great lessons in all of that same thought
There is no rationing out of food, resources or throw bags.
Its a mess bro, I'm not sure if technology can keep up but if i can help it
I will.
I only want to grow old with out much pain and hear the laughter of children and know I
was thoughful about how I lived and leave the world for them.

I'm not talking about diapers Tom, I'm talking about throwbags.

Can you not jus answer the specific questions that I asked you previously ?

You can find comments on the forums in most any throw bag related thread about lost bags. many more than one.
You lost a Ropeknight, not an easy thing to do if you cared, probabley just a bit more than if it was throw bag.
How many times have you had to blast your way through an understory, just to find you hit the hole and the RK is on its way to the moon.
You have to remember Reg I ahve been at this along time, along time talking to arbclimbers about throwbags, If you are questioning my truthfulness what can I say

Either way a bag/diaper of pooh stinks, full of lead or any other crap you want to throw in it.
1/2 the time a 40' ladder and progress climbing is smarter way to go.
Bags actually cost you money in time.

Attachments

• Money.jpg
    Money.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 44
Many arbclimbers are employeed not self employeed and treat bags/throw wts like dirty diaper.
If I worked for someone and they said here go throw this outdated ineffective trash. I will treat it for what it is, outdated wasteful junk.
Now give them something effective, effecient, cooperative and designed to move through a tree like a slippery fish and isolate the tip plus so much more.
Good tools make work a pleasure!

You can find comments on the forums in most any throw bag related thread about lost bags. many more than one.
You lost a Ropeknight, not an easy thing to do if you cared, probabley just a bit more than if it was throw bag.
How many times have you had to blast your way through an understory, just to find you hit the hole and the RK is on its way to the moon.
You have to remember Reg I ahve been at this along time, along time talking to arbclimbers about throwbags, If you are questioning my truthfulness what can I say

I left a ropenight on a job, when i came back to get it it was gone. I didnt throw in a tree i wasnt even aiming at, get it stuck and then said frig it. Theres a difference.

Its not about truthfulness, I just want you to elaborate on some of these absolute claims you make. Straight question, straight answers....not going off on a tangent or ending with the generic 'Ropenight is guaranteed to out perform and out last any other....'

Just keep it real, and you'll generally find people a lot more receptive to your ideas.

Many arbclimbers are employeed not self employeed and treat bags/throw wts like dirty diaper.
If I worked for someone and they said here go throw this outdated ineffective trash. I will treat it for what it is, outdated wasteful junk.
Now give them something effective, effecient, cooperative and designed to move through a tree like a slippery fish and isolate the tip plus so much more.

The is wild assumption. See you just dont listen to what anybody says. You do a great injustice to working climbers, employed or self employed.

Like this shit right here. Just stop it. The hard sell. Its like you cant help yourself. Relentless, and inappropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back