Grapple/loader Truck

If we have to we will go dump and come back to pick it up.We are lucky to have a few dumpsites close by to choose from.Most times we put ramrod on first,then we just bury it with wood and brush lol.Seriously it is a pretty rugged machine it dont hurt it,as long as you dont hit joystick.We put in the back corner then pile on top her.I think that truck can legally carry 5 tons Jerry

Here is our clam truck. This was taken last year, we've since replaced the box and painted it from top to bottom.

Attachments

• 2011-03-30 15.01.35.jpg
    2011-03-30 15.01.35.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 30
Wow you could almost carry our truck on the back of that.We almost went with a serco loader,tamden truck we were kind of worried about driveways and the extra cost ins registration and whatever else comes with a bigger truck.We do have to be carefull in the spring,when load restrictions are on.But we are quite happy with it.It turns work into play Jerry

I hear ya..... A bigger truck means bigger expenses for sure. We generally don't have issues with driveways.

Spring road restrictions start on Monday here.......I dont mind so much. That truck sits at idle quite a bit during this time. Another consideration I guess..... a truck that big gets a 4-6 or even 8 week vacation every year. There are some roads it can still travel but not many. A good time for upgrades and maintenance.

yeah not a busy time for us right now.I see yours is also a rear mount.For tree work i think it' better.You can back into a tight driveway and then reach in 20 feet or whatever your reach is ours is 18 feet.For hauling nicely stacked 8 foot wood behind cab mount is the way to go.Logging and tree work are two diffrent animals.Boy oh boy im slow at typing,one finger and im looking everywhere for the letters.

Thats cuz your used to running hydraulic levers!

I agree about a rear mount loader, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, the cab mounts are simply too limited in their reach.

Squish, do you have an air ticket?

Thought about a roll-off style truck? Then you could have a combo of bins/flat decks/spray rig whatever...

Ol Cotter is selling this truck

PV2.jpg

Not the best pic, but I could get better iffin yer interested. I could also find out some more specific details for ya.

5 ton cable roll-off sterling, 6-spd auto tranny, air brakes, single axle...and if I remember correctly the crane is a Hiab 2650? with around 40 feet horizontal ext, maybe 48 vertical. Great unit, and I've personally operated this one so I can say that with exp.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you wanted to pm me the details that would be cool.

It's a roll-off and grapple, single axle? That seems heavy kinda heavy?. Yah I've got air in my bucket that's the only way to go.

Looks really nice, might be outta my price range for trucks up here? Does it have a grapple?

Squisher,do you add weight to the back of the ramrod,when stumping and if you did what did you use? We find the stumper a little heavy,tends to want to tip forward now and and again

Squisher,do you add weight to ramrod when stumping and if you do,what do you use?We find the 38 special a little heavy,. wants to tip forward now and again.WE have the 1150 model.Was thinking getting tractor weights.

I'll try and get you some details this week, squish. It's a single axle, and once loaded you may want to avoid the scales! It does have a grapple. Doug is known for selling his used equipment high. But, I'll try and dig for ya, and see what he wants.

The beauty of that unit is all the dump operation can be done from inside the cab...other than raising the crane and opening the door.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That would be cool Dylan, thanks.

Jerry, I haven't added any counterweight and yes it is kind of tippy, I just always keep the grinder pointed up hill if there is one lol.

Heres our clam truck parked next to the cab and chassis of our next clam truck.

The new frietliner is sweet. Push button auto transmission and it turns on a dime. The older Peterbuilt turns like a barge.

Attachments

• 2012-03-09 09.41.33.jpg
    2012-03-09 09.41.33.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 2012-03-09 09.41.51.jpg
    2012-03-09 09.41.51.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 35
Back