Tallest pines on earth?

sotc

Dormant hero!!
Ponderosa may be the tallest pines now

Pretty cool article. Frank Callahan is an interesting fellow, he was going to get a permit to have me use Jerry's saw to fall a huge tree a few years back so he could count the rings "in the name of science", then in the article he calls us the cancer on the planet. Might need to go find those trees one of these days. Sounds like they are near bear camp....

I wonder if Greg has more pics of that one champion he climbed a while back.
Sure would like to see those...
WhereTH is Greg anyway (Klimbinfool)??

Stephen, I figured 150' high for the starting point since we would probably be limited to 600' total length. If we can get a low enough angle we could probably start it higher.

I have 600' of 9/16 that does not see much use. I was thinking of coming to the next get together.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Haha, I got a wraptor, who needs Paul:D
Mario would poop if he came and saw a zipline in those trees:lol:

I'm begining to think that guy is one of D's inventions to stir chit by the buzz on the internet .Whatever,it worked .:lol:

If those be the pines I'm thinking of,, been there some 21 years ago. Though at the time only noted pine in the campground was a double top in the neighborhood of 260 something. I have a pic of it somewhere. Got to be close to 8' Dia. too. She's a beauty.

Hes real Al...

Yep I know .I'll give him that, he's got to have a PHD in chit stirring though because he certainly has annoyed a bunch of people .

To the subject .I can't imagine a 200 foot plus tree when anything over 100 is a bigen in these parts .One guy who obviously was a trool elaborated about 200 foot oaks in Ohio but it was nothing but internet BS . He kinda left in a huff after a few of us called his bluff .;)

Back