Tallest pines on earth?

If my bearings are correct, Willie, I touched into the Rouge River wilderness through some FS roads just northwest of Grants Pass. Only about an hour out of town. High ground. Gained altitude all the way there. I was with Michael Oxman who lived in GP at the time. In fact he had something to do with nominating the tree and has his name in a list of many on a bronze plaque nearby the tree.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sounds about right, near the wild and scenic portion of the Rogue. Thats where the Kim family from San Francisco got stuck and the dad died. Beautiful, steep country

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you wanna come up some time let me know, we can go snooping around!

Darth Vaden would sense a disturbance in the Force.

Fattig's article really grew legs. We were getting emails and calls from as far as San Diego.

Taylor went back for another interview with a guy from KOBI 5 last week, and he said afterward they (he and I think Callahan) found what should be a new Oregon Ponderosa champion on the AF point system, to add on top of the Pondies Taylor and I found up there in January.

We explored Red Buttes Wilderness the past few weeks too, and Umpqua National Forest. So we were all over the map east of Canyonville and west of Grants Pass.

Attachments

• MailTribune_600.jpg
    MailTribune_600.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 67
Well hey there, Mario. Long time no see.

You never have seen me - lol.

Maybe the most amusing article of the winter, was one in January about the rivalry between Ferndale, California and Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, over who has the world's tallest live Christmas Tree.

The ball started rolling when a Humboldt Visitors Center guy mentioned the Ferndale tree to me. And we stopped by in December to measure it with a laser rangefinder. I got just over a foot more than the 150 feet tall it was supposed to be. 151.26 feet tall. Then their firemen came up with over 160 feet the first week of January. So I called the Idaho newspaper. Didn't realize how spontaneously it would snowball though. Figured they would wait for the next winter.

http://www.cdapress.com/news/local_news/article_a427d57c-44eb-5abf-adf5-63024c2a049a.html

Attachments

• News_CP_600.jpg
    News_CP_600.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 64
Yep I know .I'll give him that, he's got to have a PHD in chit stirring though because he certainly has annoyed a bunch of people .

Looking at your post, it appears like you possess exclusive ownership of the stirring spoons.

Back