What should I buy?

emr

Cheesehead Treehouser
We have about $600 in credit card rewards that we need to cash in and we were wondering what should we treat ourselves to? I was thinking about getting a Stihl chainsaw on a stick since we don't have one and it would come in handy some times. But then again so would some new rigging lines and a few new blocks. So give me some suggestions. We don't really "need" anything right now so it would just be something nice to add to the companies equipment closet.

You can send them to me, save you the hassle of finding something to buy!

I would get an Ht131. Nasty, nasty saw! Not one regret buying mine!

I'll agree with the pole saw. I never particularly cared for them and when I first bought my HT101 I only used it about 6 times in the first year. But I've grown used to it and now use it a bit more often. I went with the smaller motor for less weight and I make up for the lack of power with an extra sharp chain. My first chain lasted just shy of three years and I'm now on my second chain. I'll make 12" cuts with it when necessary.

Give them to the government. They're broke and need the money.

I'm with Burnham on this one. You can buy a stick saw anytime, but a cask of 1975 Glenfiddich doesn't come along too often.

I wonder if Burnham has ever held a stick saw? :shifty: I'd almost be willing to bet a bottle of Scotch he hasn't.

You lose, Brett. I fondled one down at the saw shop once...put it down with relief, 'cause nobody saw me touch it.
:D

Burnham fondling a stick saw after scotch, are you sure it isn't late on a Friday night? :|:

Fondling doesn't count... as long as you didn't go all the way. ;)

I concur with the 131. That said I just cashed in some of mine and got cards for starbucks (of course), lowes, outback steakhouse and olive garden

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We get double if we just cash them out vs getting gift cards. Cash off the bill is not as much fun as cool toys or gift cards to Cabellas. Might have to get a saw since I don't like scotch. I am more of a whiskey man anyhow.

On both of the points cards I currently use, on one I just redeem the points for either a credit toward my balance or a check. On the other they just send me a check every time my rewards exceed $50 (unannounced, in an unmarked envelope easily mistaken for junk mail). I've never bothered trying to shop with their points, too gimmicky IMO.

I have n Amazon points card. It is awesome, th points can be spent just like cash @ the Amazon checkout, they sell almost EVERYTHING... From cant hooks to dvds to stand mixers for the kitchen.

On both of the points cards I currently use, on one I just redeem the points for either a credit toward my balance or a check. On the other they just send me a check every time my rewards exceed $50 (unannounced, in an unmarked envelope easily mistaken for junk mail). I've never bothered trying to shop with their points, too gimmicky IMO.

Yup, sneaky as hell on their part. I threw a couple away before I realized they weren't junk mail. I'll bet they save a bunch of money doing that. Bastids!

No way guys...get the bottle of scotch :).

Interesting that Glenfiddich which never had that much of a name in pure malts ( and I'm talking about back in the day when both of us were young men, and NOBODY but whisky freaks had heard of pure malts) but were simply the first distillery to do a worldwide ad campaign for pure malt and get the popularity of the common crowd now somehow has turned into a connoiseurs choice.

That is just whisky musings and should in NO way be taken to mean that I wouldn't appreciate one of those bottles:D

Back