Wasp sting immunotherapy "cure"

I've been incredibly lucky with bees. Over 30 years in the field, and I could count my stings on two hands. I've bumped nests, driven stakes through yellow jacket nests, and shaken trees with nests hanging in them. Worst I got was a few years ago cutting line in a woods, and I got hit about 3 times by wasps. Lost my prescription sunglasses running out of the woods, and a headache cause all the stings were on my face/head, but otherwise I wasn't too bad off. Needed new glasses anyway :^D

At least a bee can only sting yu once.

Friggin hornets'll sting yu six times before yur first swat!

Jomo

European hornets have taken to nesting in the eves of house, and those things terrify me. They sound like Spitfires flying around, and they bang on the screens at night trying to get in to the light. Last year, they were near the backdoor, and they'd buzz over my head when I went out back.

Before I knew exactly what they were, I had a couple in the house. I flipped out, and hunted them down with a rolled up piece of cardboard. I usually let undesirable critters out unharmed, so after killing them, I checked one out to see if I possibly overreacted. I pushed on its' abdomen to extend the stinger, and Jesus Christ!!! A sabre popped out of its' ass O^: Good kill! :^D They're actually fairly docile as far as stingy things go, but really intimidating, and they look like they really hurt if you got nailed by one.

Back