UNICENDER RECALL

That's old news, ain't it? I sent mine back and they redid one of the rivet, laser engraved it and gave me a new carabiner for free.

Good to repost, though.

One benefit is that Rock will rebuild your Unicender when the time comes, if it is one of the recalled units, for half the price. At $180 for the rebuild thats a $90 savings.

Also I think you get some free biners and some other shwag.

Wait they sold you a recalled product and they're only going to charge you half the price to make it right??? Huh

jp:D

NO. If you purchased one a ways back, and it got recalled. You send it in, they inspect it laser inscribe it as inspected and send it back to you.

When the time comes where through normal use you have worn the clutches in the Uni to the point where it is 'worn out' Rock Exotica offers a 'rebuild'. If you bought one today and used it for a year or two and then wanted it rebuilt, you would pay $160 or whatnot... if you owned one of the recalled models they will do that rebuild for 1/2 price.

There is no cost involved in sending it back for the recall inspection. However this is all old news, the recall was initiated in August 2011.

Back