Tiny houses

I've been following for years. Lloyd Kahn has many great books on the subject. I have then all, I think. The biggest problem I see in my area, is that unless you have somewhere to squat, the non-house part of the equation is so big, reducing the actual house cost doesn't make it "affordable" around here. Not even sure how legal they are, at the moment anyway. There are tiny house communities popping up all over the country, which is cool.

From what I have seen, most are so extravagantly built that you aren't reducing your carbon footprint as much as the amount of space you take up. I could easily live in a tiny home as long as it was attached to a 1600 square foot garage with parking outside for 3-4 trucks and trailers.

I could manage living in the space of a tiny house by myself...but with my partner M in the mix, not so much :). Our home is relatively small, only 1500 sq. ft., but that is 4 or 5 times the size of a tiny house.

Storage of materials, tools, outdoor travel/camping gear, and other equipment is a demand for sure. Close to the same as the house, give or take.

Back