Teupen or CMC

TheWoodsman

Treehouser
Delete if not allowed.

I understand this is a climbing thread. I climb nearly everyday. Been climbing for years. However, as we all know climbing dead or rotten trees can be catastrophic. I am looking at buying a Teupen 75' lift currently. I was looking at CMC but been having a terrible time dealing with banks and AP Financing. Rates are through the roof and terms are not what i expected. Altec has made it really easy to finance through them and agreed to a better price and better terms. I want to know what the community thinks on pros and cons vs Teupen and CMC.

Welcome!

I'm a 75' rear mount Terex bucket guy so I can't comment beyond saying lifts are the sh&t!!

I have a CMC 72 Hd but if I had to do it all over again it would be a Platform Lift. I’m not saying the 72 hasn’t been a good unit for me ,1200 hours and ticking.

Reactions: Sep
CMC seems to be the most popular around me. We rented one for a month and I managed to break it in a day. I still think that they released it to me with something not right. I’d say get which ever one is closest for and with the best support. Also get the tallest one you can afford. Most I see are 83’ but one guy by me has two of those and two of the 92’s. The extra reach might not be used often but is great when needed (I’ve heard).
And like @cory, I’m a 75’ rear mount terex guy myself. I could really use a spider lift though. Past my prime as far as climbing goes

75’ rear mounts are nice but big, I have no regrets getting a spider. Today we setup on a guys patio with the outrigger four inches from the side of the house, tight but oh so right. Two big silver maple limbs( 13” at the trunk easily 45 foot) over the house. GRCS and a secondary lowering line to levitate limbs sideways, pure rigging wizardry, HO watched I amazement as limbs just floated over his house smoothly and quietly, soft like a butterfly kiss.

I still sell Nifty lift and use an SD64 for my tree work.

I'm wanting a 90-100' lift, if I can make it make sense. Nifty doesn't have something in that range suitable for tree-work.

Easy Lift has the 87 and 101-48
Dino has the 92RXT
Tracked Lifts has a the Omme 2750 and Platform Basket 89 and 107' options
Fairly meh on CMC at this point.

The 101-48 has the best height/reach per dollar... still waiting on pricing but I bet the Platform Basket 107' is ~50% more.

Checked out a buddy's Dino, it's essentially a computerized SD64 with an extra 21' of height/10' of side reach (if the load is light enough). Boom speed and drive speed is good. In theory I could replace my SD64 with this and keep a single lift. With the spiders I'd probably want to keep my SD64 for the boom and travel speed. The controls have a delay that will take some getting used to compared to the SD64.

All of them are considerably more finicky/electronic/complicated compared to the SD64.

1724370524546-jpeg.140811

1724370736883.jpeg

Attachments

• 1724370524546.jpeg
    8.2 MB · Views: 11
My buddy wanted an Ommelift but settled for I believe a Nifty as he couldn’t swing the price tag of the Omme

Plus the SD64 is built a little beefier. All the spiders I’ve seen are fragile and built just as heavy as they need to be and no more.

Plus the SD64 is built a little beefier. All the spiders I’ve seen are fragile and built just as heavy as they need to be and no more.
I’d love a 90-100’ version of my SD64, I don’t mind if it weighed 15klb (SD64 is 9klb).

~10 more feet of side reach and ~30 more feet of height would be 🤌🏻

I don’t find a 100’ lift’s weight being under 10klb to be a very attractive feature.

The 92’ Dino (~11klb) is looking interesting, especially from an economic perspective (using the SD64 equity towards the Dino vs needing two lifts).

Last edited:
Back