New saws

treesmith

Banned
I had heard rumor that our local hardware/auto parts store was closing up, and needed a couple of snaps, so I dropped by today. Spoke with a young salesman who I’ve known for years and he confirmed that they were indeed closing. I asked if the saws were discounted and he said yes. I pointed at a nice shiny Stihl 500i and asked just how cheap I could take it home. He studied a minute and said $1300 out the door. Just this morning I’d gotten an email quote from a nearby dealer on a 500i….$1550 out the door. I then pointed to a 201T and asked about it. $700 out the door. And he offered to throw in a six pack of the big 5-gallon Stihl mixing oil to sweeten the deal. So….I own two new saws. Wound up going back thirty minutes later for two backpack blowers…a BR600 for me and a BR800 for a friend. I could easily spend too much money in there….🤣

IMG_1942.jpeg

@Kaveman now you will feel power, I drive the 500 with a 3foot bar and if I had longer one would put it in.
Good choice there
I've had my saw for about a year and a half, bud. I typically run a 32in bar, full comp, square ground chain. The bar on my mill is 36. With that saw's power to weight ratio, there's just no other saw for me, everything else sucks, frankly. That saw regularly out cuts Husqvarnas with 15cc more displacement. Hell, my bosses ported 660 can't keep up. Add on to that the range of altitudes that I work at, the lack of having to retune the carb constantly makes for a much more productive work week.

I've sung all these praises and more since joining the forum. Miss New Booty is well known to be my favorite saw, ever.

Back