Jed Walters

T shirts arrived, love them, tried to do a tasteful tribute pic with them today.

Dropped a 90ft Euc the other day, started to cut it up today.

Bitter sweet thinking of Jed and his family.

Ineffable2.jpg

Thanks Westcoastsaw for making the t shirts happen.

Last edited:
I try and think of him in sketchy situations, if it can happen to a guy as accomplished as him, it can happen to the rest of us.
So true, Mick...Jed and several other folks here at the House kind of hover in my thoughts as guardians that sometimes ask "really??" when I consider something on the sketchy side. I'm glad to see you are back here, too.

I got my shirt too...I can't decide whether to wear it, hang it up, or put it away...

@pantheraba I keep wondering if it's the sketchy stuff that gets (while we are on guard) us vs. the seemingly simple gotchas. I happened to notice a couple widowmaker limbs in a tree this last weekend, but not 'til I was getting under it to fell it (other side of the fence).

Have you used the bubble yet? I got some magnetic bubbles for my saw, but I always forget about them, and haven't tried it yet. My fear is the saw will shake the hell out of it, and it won't be useful.

Have you used the bubble yet? I got some magnetic bubbles for my saw, but I always forget about them, and haven't tried it yet. My fear is the saw will shake the hell out of it, and it won't be useful.
I made a perfectly level stump with it yesterday. 😁

It’s magnetic. My intention was to use it to get the cut started level and then pull it off. It wouldn’t stick to the aluminum, so I moved it back on the steel and it stayed there tucked in the dawgs for the felling operation. With cutting, the vibration separates the bubble but they go right back into one when the vibes stop.

Dealing with an accident like Jed's is obviously terribly brutal for the family but the GFM page has got to be a very amazing boost to them, not simply the money but the widespread outpouring of support from the community which plainly shows what an unusually special person our Jed was. This might sound cliche but it really is truly amazing how many people he touched. This understanding could be bittersweet for the family but nevertheless I would think it has to make them feel somehow better about it all.

Back