Got a good source for Stihl parts online?

cory

Tree House enthusiast
I need the starter fan housing for 201, found one on eBay, jw if there's a better source

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lol I googled that and it led to a decent site.

Really? Please share, Cory.

IME, Stihl makes it extraordinarily hard for us to find less expensive options for parts, aside from their dealers.

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the fit/finish. It can't be magnesium at that price, can it?

Stihl has always been very strict on protecting local dealers, which is why online sales of genuine authorized Stihl parts has never been allowed. Yuo will always have some who try to get around that, but they never last too long before getting shut down. There are some places that sell knock off parts and some have been fairly successful. But Stihl wants you to visit your local dealer for genuine Stihl parts.

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the fit/finish. It can't be magnesium at that price, can it?
this part is all plastic on the 201. But I agree, curious re fit/finish, I haven't ordered yet

Keep your old parts. I could see the recoil breaking, and you should be able to swap the stock parts over if they still work. Not much of a gamble for $16.

I have the old recoil, this is just the housing, the ninja broke it swinging around like a nut, he was hard on almost everything lol

The farmtec parts are Stihl clone parts. They even make complete knock off saws. Sometimes people have good luck and others would never go down that road again. I thought about getting the 880 magnum clone. I think the cost was under $700. I have yet to personally try one of their offerings. They’re even starting the clone Husqy now. All their saw parts are interchangeable with genuine Stihl. They also go by the name Holtzforma

CPA here in Tas. Clone parts, mixed results, cheap enough.
My Stihl dealer usually gets me odd stuff within a week so that's not bad. Overall supply issue though, country wide.

Local welder had a 660 clone he put together, sounded similar to my ear and was ripping with a 20" bar. He seemed quite happy with it

Back