No_Bivy

Treehouser
amazing it is so small...keychain size. full strength, 22kn

I think we will see more of our "tree" biners getting smaller soon

Attachments

• mini 001.jpg
    mini 001.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 12
And that biner would be used for what with a 22 kn rating ?

Looks even smaller than the Positron (a personal favorite). Not having any rock climbing exposure, I'm kinda leery of the wire gate though.

Wire gate biners' are the shit for speedlines, the gate don't flutter on loading. That one would be good trapping the rope on Jumars, holding a chainsaw on yur saddle, keeping kickboxing midgets tethered, etc.

I think it's cute!

Only problem with wire gates is they can be 'nose hooked' since they have a recess for a catch instead of the keyhole thing.

If you accidentally hook something in the recess, the biner can load improperly. In tests, some 22Kn biners failed at 500# when nose hooked.

It's not just wire gates, it's any of them that have a recess instead of a keyhole.

The wire gates are plenty strong when loaded normally.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would ride it with confidence...same rating as the original hotwire which is much bigger

I have been climbing with wire gates for over 10yrs...I does not have a lot of use in tree work....but I bet we see ours become lighter over the next years

I've bought a couple of those wire gates for hanging things off my saddle, and that real big one they sell works good for a chainsaw. The one's I've purchased aren't for life support.

Technology has come a long way in the last ten fifteen years in the climbing industry, in general.

Back