friction savers

• Thread starter Widow Shooter
  • Start date
  • Replies 62
  • Views 7K
Stoner , your using that prussik set up to hand over hand below your system? or is the systen not incorperated until you get to your TIP.

Treesandsurf. I do that as well sometimes. Just depends on the size of my TIP and wether I really need to go all the way to the top.

Picture two different size silver rings, with the engraving "Made In Italy" on them.

Is the diameter of the rings the same as the alum. ones? Could you post a side by side comparison pix. of them?
thanks

Is the diameter of the rings the same as the alum. ones? Could you post a side by side comparison pix. of them?
thanks

Here you go...

Rings.jpg

The top two are made by CT I think, I got them from Fresco at TCIA in Hartford. The small one on the bottom came from Sherrills, it's the one I used on my bridge. The big one came stock on the bridge of the Butterfly II, I don't know who made it but there's no inscription.

Seems like I put a caliper on them a while back and the dimensions didn't vary much from steel to aluminum... but I can't remember for sure.

Blink beat me to it.

Diameters seem to be the same, as the size.

The made in Italy are from "Climbing Technologies" I think it's called.

Nice
There not welded are they? I have some older ones that are welded, but I dont no if there stamped or not...Gonna have to pull the out and look.

Those "made in italys" are the ones I have now. Got them from John at knot and rope. So far I like 'em.

love
nick

No welds that I can detect... super nice finish, perfect for making an FS. I like mine with NE Hi-Vee.

That's killer that John has'em, they aren't on his website so I wasn't sure. You read that Leon?

Those "made in italys" are the ones I have now. Got them from John at knot and rope. So far I like 'em.

love
nick

I have those rings on 2 of my 3 FS's. They're great!!

And by the way, I have 2 rings from Wesspur, each with the rating marked on them. They also have USR on each ring. Is this the manufacture or something else. I was thinking United States Rigging or made US Rating.

Stoner , your using that prussik set up to hand over hand below your system? or is the systen not incorperated until you get to your TIP.

Think i just set it up complete for the pic(was a while ago), i do install when i get to the TIP but usually only use it on pruning jobs, I just natural crotch on dismantles.

I am stuck between old and new school, still using a long prussik(advancing under the hitch) but like a few modern bits to make it easier:)

No welds that I can detect... super nice finish, perfect for making an FS. I like mine with NE Hi-Vee.

That's killer that John has'em, they aren't on his website so I wasn't sure. You read that Leon?

Thanks Chip, got it. Also so your note about treestuff carrying them now as well. Upon further checking it appears that I was being fairly wise when I got them from Rich Hattier because I have another set still brand new in a ziploc bag in one of my gear boxes. Always nice to find gear that you forgot you had.

Back