Editing video from Android based smart phone

SouthSoundTree

Treehouser
I got some video on my Commando smartphone (had it two weeks) with the Hitch Hiker.

Never edited video before.

HELP!

Software, tips, tricks, do's and don'ts?

Do you have a Mac or a PC?

You can upload to Youtube straight from the phone with the free youtube app, or possibly through the share menu. You tube offers some basic editing features.

You can find a free editing software for windows or buy an inexpensive one. I believe windows movie maker is a simple one that may already be on most PCs.

I use iMovie on my Mac... it is $15 and works great.

If you have any other questions while editing or choosing on an editor to choose just ask.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, Nick.

I hoped you'd chime in, as I know you've done some movie making with with footage from your Commando. Mine is working well so far. The only thing that I've found is that if I have too thick of a callous on my finger tip, I'll need to chew a bit off, which moistens the skin, too, making better electrical connectivity, for lack of a better term.

I'm a PC user.

PC video editing isnt where my experience lies... This, http://www.wondershare.com/video-editor/ looks like a comprable product, @ $40 it might be worth checking out the Free Trial first before buying... I wouldnt spend a bunch of money and stay with a simple editor....

Here is another editor, Pinnacle VideoSpin that offers a free trial.. http://apps.avid.com/Studio_trial/?cmpid=ST-PA-P151

This is all from google searching, I dont have experience with these products. I am sure you could find a free product that would suit your basic needs, however the inexpensive ones will have a lot of room to grow.

... I've found is that if I have too thick of a callous on my finger tip, I'll need to chew a bit off, which moistens the skin, too ...
:what: TMI :lol:

...I'm a PC user.
Tisk tisk, :lol::lol:

Seriously ... back when I was a "PC user" :roll: I would simply upload the vid to the PC and use free system available video editors -- worked good enough, IMHO.

However, when I got a MacBook ... oh, never mind ... :D

Really, upload and use your PC editor(s) -- a lot quicker & easier.

Looking forward to your edits, Sean :)

I guess I neglected the implied... all the editing I am mentioning is done on the desktop. I wouldnt begin to edit ON the commando... Jack is right you can easily use a free option.

Not to derail but I was ANIT-MAC forever and I LOVE my new MacBook... It is so simple and intuitive...even when there is a function I dont know how to do from my PC days I can easily just guess and thats usually how it works on my Mac, a used white one I paid $300 for... Its a great laptop!

Back