Basically new Husqvarna T525 no longer for sale

Nutball

TreeHouser
This saw has just been sitting all year so far, so I figure I'd let it go if someone wants it bad enough. Only a half tank of gas has been run through it since new out of the box just tuning the carb and making test cuts. The carb needle limiters should be set such that you can tune for most weather, and it will likely need a retune just because I had tuned it in cold weather last. It runs good, feels good and durable. I'd call it the durable version of the 2511t.

Otherwise I'll just clean it up and store it away in the box for when I need another small top handle.

DSC04207 (1024x628).jpg

DSC04206 (1024x768).jpg

DSC04205 (1024x653).jpg

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I made a few cuts and put it away. I was going to port it and compare to a 2511t, but none of the engine bolts would loose, they were stripping all my tools while taking no damage like they were tungsten carbide held in with red loctite.

It's heavier than the 2511t, but seems better build, more durable and such. It probably feels better to grip. It doesn't have a spike bumper and I don't think you can add any.

Stock cut times in a roughly 11-12" hardwood log:
2511t: 22sec, 22s, 21s
525t: 24.74s, 22.5s, 20.5s
355t: around 12sec

It has 27cc power, not 35cc power.

Correct me if I’m wrong, which according to the ol lady is pretty often, but the 2511 is only a few tenths of a pound lighter than the t525. Is it that noticeable?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I haven't compared the weights for real, but I think the 2511t actaully weighs less than advertised. Some Echos I've found are more than advertised. It probably doesn't amount to much especially if the 525 has a bigger and more comfortable grip. You might notice the difference when working all day with the 525, then pick up and work with a 2511. I had a 271t which felt as heavy as a 201t, but when working with a 193t and switching to the lighter 271t there was a noticeable but slight difference.

I'd assume the husqvarna will start easier, because the 2511t can easily take 2 pulls on average when warm unless you do it just right each time. If it takes more than 3, you are probably doing something wrong. They just don't seem to be reliable with 1 pull.

Back