2 Terex TAC750 Tier 3 Chippers Remain!

lumberjack

Young man on the go
There are two Tier 3 750s left, one with a 140hp John Deere in Virginia and another with a 160hp Cummins at the factory in Michigan. Both are available for several thousand under retail.

After these two chippers are gone, there will be a gas engine option that will cost ~$2-3k less or the cheapest diesel option will be ~$11k more, based on what I'm hearing.

This particular 750 is neither of the units listed above, but it's representative of them.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/te1LCXTsLk0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There are still 730s that can be built with the current engine, and the leftover 720s that are dirt cheap for a new chipper!

Lastly, the Terex 2015 price increase goes effective at the beginning of April!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sure!

I'm having trouble finding a 250HD, I know of the 250XP and the 255XP, 12" and 15" respectively. I'll compare to the 255XP as it is a 15" chipper and the TAC750 is a 16" chipper.

-The 255 is a disc chipper and the 750 is a drum chipper. The 255 has a 45* angled, 45" diameter disc,while the 750 has a 37" diameter drum.
-HP wise, the 255 lists hp offerings from 97-173, the 750 had offerings from 138-160hp.
-The 255 lists its base weight at 7700lbs; the 750 lists 7200lbs.
-The 255 has dual feed wheels; the 750 has a single upper feed wheel. I've had both and personally prefer the single, but everyone has their own opinion on that, just like disc vs drum. The 255's feed wheels are 10 5/8" in diameter, while the feed wheel on the 750 is 14 1/8". Bigger is normally better for rolling on top of material easier. The 750 also has the rear pivoting swing arm design for the feed wheel, which also improves its ability to climb up and over material as well as offering some increased down pressure the harder it's pulling due to the geometry of the swing arm. Both have a similar feed rate (feet per minute) on their respective feed systems.
-The 255's throat is listed at 15"x25"; the 750's throat is 16"x24"
-The 255 lists the lift cylinder on the infeed as an option; the lift/crush cylinder is standard on the 750.
-The 750 has reversing autofeed standard, it's listed as an option on Bandit's site.
-The 255 has a 40 gallon fuel tank; the 750 has a 38 gallon fuel tank.
-The 255 has a 13 gallon hydraulic tank the 750 has an 18 gallon hydraulic tank.
-Terex has the most awesome dealer to service you... although I may be biased.

Just thinking about V's location, does a disc machine have an advantage over a drum when dealing stringy material like palm fronds?

I'm not sure, but I do know one of the reasons Terex offers a full width knife is to better handle stringy material like fronds. The head engineer was telling me that was a selling point/design feature, that getting a full throat width cut has better chip quality characteristics in most materials and it helped prevent stringy material from being pulled through in bigger pieces like a staggered knife drum would do.

I love my '12 750, its a beast. My dealer in Spokane has been no good. Let me know if you know of a good way to motivate them.

I have used an older woodsman 12x a 12" version in Hawaii. We did plug it on some palm once, but that was 3 guys feeding it as quick as possible with pretty wet palm, can't remember the species, and within the first week of owning it. After figuring out the balance its done great.

Let me know what you need and I'll take care of you! Granted I can't really service your machine, but parts/support is easy, and the machines are simple enough for any real mechanic to handle (or diy).

662-251-8686

Back