Your greatest vehicle.

Yeah, Chris, that's an awesome ride. You can get those with a stock diesel? I heard you guys have diesel Toyotas there... LPG is also not a very practical option for us here. My friend in Adelaide has a sweet cruiser with petrol and LPG tanks, he can drive forever before refueling.

What are the Hilux's in Aus running?

The one in the uk is either 2.5 or 3.0 d4d engine. Good solid engine but not as much poke as some of the monsters over in the US and Canada.

This was the best car I ever had. 4 hi and lo. Had too many good times in this to recount. It was always funny to be way up on 4wd trail in this thing and drive past guys stuck in their $50k+ rock crawlers. I bought it for $400 when I was 16, the thing is still driving around in the mountains somewhere.

Suby.jpg

This is not my actual car, but same year, model and even paint color!

This is another great one I had, 87 Mazda b2000. I'm like Jim, I like old vehicles, except I am not handy with wrenches in the least!

mazda.jpg

I am not very excited about any vehicles I currently own, hence the nostalgia.

That is one unusual looking toolbox, Chris.

It was the previous owners, the protrusion at the top is a ladder rack. I sold it and bought a pair of smaller boxes.

Sweet plates Chris!

Yep, also previous owners, I handed them back to the registry as it was $400 per year to carry them

Sweet ride also**

Thanks mate, yours is a friggin Beast !

What are the Hilux's in Aus running?

The one in the uk is either 2.5 or 3.0 d4d engine. Good solid engine but not as much poke as some of the monsters over in the US and Canada.

They also run a petrol V6, unsure capacity.

Levi it seems that all the older Japanese pick ups ran a naturally aspirated diesel back in the day but now its all turbo diesel accross the board. I think the highest performing four cylinder is currently a 2.8 TD that pulls 450Nm, either Izuzu or Toyota

I can't wait till the toyota diesels are released stateside,then ill be waiting few more years for a used one. I want a diesel toyota tundra for my daily driver,$5k for full travel kit😎😎 supposed to come out very soon

Forget it then, Jim. Fancy they will be. Even not fancy, they will be costly. Much more money than I make in several years, I'll bet.

You are probably right.

I generally have to wait until something is either unpopular or worn out before I can afford it.

I still wonder what kind sporty little car would fit my personality.

Probably an old Buick GS. Or an Olds 442.

I just wish we could get those diesel imports here in the colonies. There is a lot of use for smaller tough trucks up here. Like those Utes in AUS or NZ. Killer little dudes that work like brutes.

My Isuzu is a 3l turbo diesel...4 cylinder.
So many virtually the same, Mazda, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Isuzu, Ford even Volkswagen.
The variety of truck bed / tool box combinations is limited only by your imagination...I have seen so many different setups, makes your head spin!

Maybe not up here in MT. We have no emissions law or smog testing.

The diesel Hilux is available in Mexico, brand new. Seems we looked into that once but could not get it through customs. Maybe because all the cocaine in the back seat.

Samuel, it's still a real nice looking truck. Some vehicles are less about how they are and more about how you make them. Looks like you're making it into a really nice truck. And for me doing work like that on a vehicle with good friends is a real rewarding time.

Thnx Justin,that's what i was thinking when i went ahead and committed. Bit buyers remorse has come and gone since then,not every day average person buys a new vehicle so im not the best at it but,i feel like it is my truck now after stripping the front apart the way i did.

Thank you sir. I do like the white,that truck is pissd off lookn there Willard.mean stance on it,dodge comes factory with big ass wheels too. I had a rental a while back,2016 ram1500,gas.nice little truck.
Yea I can't wait to get the linex,they have one called line-Xtra it is uv resistant and will not fade,also offered in colors and holds the warranty on fading I believe.

Back