Writing about Working is Rewarding

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's a sad old tale--pruning needs are neglected because of stressing over a "suitable lateral" to cut back to, so a limb fails, so other limbs are totally removed, exposing decayed heartwood, so overreactive managers freak out and call for the chop.

The west coast is weird--reduction pruning is right down there with baby-raping in the minds of some treefolk there.

ugh yes--have you seen theamputations done on the Cellon Oak? I'll be down there next week @ Morriston.

Yes I have seen, one of the first things I learned in tree care was how to make cuts without peels. I wrote a letter and mailed it to more than one office what I thought and that I would offer any help needed free of charge to help maintain it.
It's (Cellon) a half hr from my doorstep should you visit and have a want to hang out:thumbup:
Call me if you care too and have the time. I may be able to shuffle schedule (386)-438-9122 and I would like that:D
Joel

Got permission to climb it next week; shooting for wednesday 9 a.m. Measuring height w tape drop + repairing lightning protection system. o and inventorying associates aka rec climbing. ;) o and the 2 big limbs removed were due to storm breakage and sudden limb drop so i aint raggin on the previous work.

I won't rag on it either just makes me sad as I feel it could have been prevented. I have a crane job on the day the roots plus workshop is happening so I won't make that but am rescheduling a removal so I can make it out to cellon.

I won't rag on it either just makes me sad as I feel it could have been prevented. I have a crane job on the day the roots plus workshop is happening so I won't make that but am rescheduling a removal so I can make it out to cellon.
Great! We're looking to get there @ 9 a.m. You can ride the wraptor to the top if you want.

re prevented, how? Reduction pruning is a great idea, but selling it is a challenge.

Yes great to climb with a man from The House, and thanks to Michelle for her support as well!

Writing up specs and proposal for the champ is in the pile at present...

Back