Wraptor woes

PCTREE

Treehouser
OK just a heads up for any of you guys who might have been planning to purchase a Wraptor at some point. We just found out Tanaka are discontinuing their drills that we use as a power plant. They are pretty much designed around that gearbox. Im sure we will eventually come up with a solution but it may take some time. Our distributor has 10 in stock and I have 12 but it is foreseeable that we will be out of business for a bit....

Maybe this has been talked about before, but why did you choose Tanaka? I bought one of their saws and the engine seems good but other aspects leave lots to be desired. I know you must have done your homework and I'm just curious what set Tanaka apart from Stihl, Echo, or others?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reverse-able with a climbair/ klimair (sp?) 2 way adjuster would be the bees knees. I'd sell mine and upgrade in a heartbeat!!

Atom Augers out of Australia is using some 100% 4 stroke engines - no mix gas, if that happens to be useful as a consideration. Think they are getting the most power out of that variant.

Or how about a redesign where the Wraptor part can attach to any drill. I don't know if it would work but that's my idea.

Two way travel is 4 times the trouble, at least.

I can buy that.

I don't expect it to work out.

A battery powered, two-way machine would be fantastic for PNW trees.

It would be sweet (and way beyond not going to happen) if there was a crawl speed down, where the wraptor would lower itself out of the tree on the access line, leaving the access line base-tied.

...but as long as we're dreaming of innovations, rather than a solution to keep it going, as is.

Atom Augers out of Australia is using some 100% 4 stroke engines - no mix gas, if that happens to be useful as a consideration. Think they are getting the most power out of that variant.

http://www.atomindustries.com/engine-powered-drills/

drill-intro.jpg

Might as well just develop a battery powered friction device for single line. Hit a button to go up, hit a button to go down... That would be sweet.

Rather than a Gibbs ascender as the back-up, A HITCHHIKER. You'd just have to take the wrap off the capstan sheave wheel.

Back