Wow....

• Thread starter Widow Shooter
  • Start date
  • Replies 46
  • Views 8K
wow is right, not so much the climbing which was excellent but the fact that big money is starting to enter arbo. sponsorship.....

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9AkFuzlKDbQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The guy is smooth! His climbing style is similar to what I always strived for, how he uses his lifeline as another arm or leg and easily transfers his weight between them all as needed with hardly a conscious thought. When you have that level of confidence in your climbing system it's amazing how much mobility you have in a tree.

I met Jared and his Dad at CAA jamboree in Santa Rosa,CA. His dad gave me my first foot lock demonstration. Jared started young, working for his dad. They're really nice folks.

The biggest clue to his success is at about 40 seconds in........

Second generation climbers always have an edge!

His dad was pretty darned good too. I wouldn't challenge the old man to a climbing comp.

Also, eucs are the best for climbing. Ropes run better and the crotches are nice. Jared is a natural. I have watched him at a few events here in Balboa Park. He is pretty smooth.
no apostrophes.

Jared is an amazing climber!! Its great watching him climb, and other people on his skill level is a learning experience unto itself!

Heard a story from someone he won the CAA TCC at age 16 I think, but they didn't give it too him, too young they said. He came back when he was 18 I heard and killed it again.

And yes, I believe he does have a brother who is also a great climber.

I agree Darin, his dad is a great climber also, they always had at least one in the masters challenge Western chapter. Nicest family too.

How about we all get together to buy Deva a new keyboard, where the "F" works?

Hey, there. That's a phenomenal idea, Brian...f/paste/f. Now how about the Return key??? I've also been working with no let shit key for over a year now. That took some getting used to. I'm so giddy with the new/old f....ff.....

Back