Wood stove heat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
On the woodstove, a parakeet?? No wonder the cat jumped up there too.
:|:

I actually think my idea of the heat retention mass is a good one...maybe I'll stack some cinder blocks on mine :lol:. I'm sure M will love that idea :/:.

I really want to add a bigger fan on mine, i did a temp check on the heated air and the temperature difference was enough that if i moved more air it would pump out even more heat.

Screenshot_20211207-190223_Samsung Internet.jpg

On the woodstove, a parakeet?? No wonder the cat jumped up there too.
:|:

I actually think my idea of the heat retention mass is a good one...maybe I'll stack some cinder blocks on mine :lol:. I'm sure M will love that idea :/:.
I have historic red bricks on top of mine. I had picked them up on jobsites, and that was a good use for them. It adds a little thermal mass. Not sure how big a deal that is the grand scheme, but it isn't nothing. What I like is I can rearrange them for different heating zones to warm things on the stove. From direct contact to steel, to two bricks high. I've got something for everything.

Fired mine up last night for the first burn of this season. I tried to hold out till November first but the low temps in the 20’s wouldn’t stay away

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, that requires a fire, else the ladies and small tots in the house begin to wail...and that noise makes sleeping SO difficult.
:D

Back