wood chips as fire starter material

I'm not done yet. I've been lighting the stove lately with kindling and have been eyeing up a bottle Tranny No Slip on the shelf. I picked up a gallon of brake fluid last week when doing a caliper on the chip truck and when I was paying for it I thought "that's a lot of money to spend on fire starter Chris"

One of the other things we do here is gather from the splitting area. Wood splitter, as most all you know, makes a mess. A lot of which is small shards of wood. I have the kids bag that in feed bags or crates. Most can be started with a lighter. Build from there.

I had a neighbor use gasoline to try and start a fire in his fire place, ONCE! Lets just say it's a REALLY BAD idea! DON'T TRY THIS! I don't know how we didn't burn his house down!

I have had clients take off shake shingle since it is now out of code in CA wild lands. A truck load or two for free is easy to be had. Fact is, I have been paid to remove it in the past. Just make sure you pile it or stack it in a place you can sweep with a magnet.

Back