Why 7/16 for SRT and 1/2" for DRT?

Vortex is actually very soft and supple, I feel like I could flake it into a beer mug. It's easy to grip tho.
I thought bluemoon had just the right amount of stiffness to it but I killed it so I have some cougar blue on the way.

Ha, funny... the poison ivy I was just (bragging about) yeah, well I just "killed" mine yesterday too. Man, I thought I was getting too old for that stuff but, uhhh...

Left it and a newish Dynasorb rigging line in a maple I fell into the woods yesterday, and couldn't get em out. Cut em both. About $350.00 down the drain. That pig submarined about two feet into the woods. Worst part is: I didn't even need any pull. :|:

So Burnham: what's lower stretch (in skinny rope) than the poison ivy? I hate the bounce factor on srt when you descend to where you think you need to be, and then end up stretching down another two feet.

Jed, if you are coming two feet past the stop sign in your truck, do you get a new stop sign and move it two feet farther into the intersection?

Climbing on XTC with a rope walker, I would see more sawing into the deodor cedar than i'd expect from PI.

HA! Sean, you suck man, but, yeah... point taken: I know, I know... put the breaks on a hair sooner. Ah, shut up man, you know what I'm saying... you finally get to where you're going, and then (let's say you have to go up a hair again cause you missed a hanger or whatever) when you try to take up the slack again, it feels like you're taking up an unnecessary amount. Don't tell me you don't know what I'm talking about. All I'm trying to do is reiterate Burnham's point that, in a super tall pig, the less stretch the better, even if it's only 2% or whatever. Note: I've meant for all of the persiflage to be taken with a smiley! :):):)

I'll also add that you're lucky you didn't hire me, because, chances are: you'd a been out $13,000.00 for a new carport.

Going off reviews on different sites cougar sounds to be slightly more static than bluemoon/pi. Mine just came in but I won't get on it til Sunday or Monday so I can't comment yet. For a double braid line tho that might be as static as it gets unless you go to a kernmantle rope like sterling htp.

PI is near about as good as it gets for an arb rope. DMc swears by Vortex, which is a tiny bit less strechy than PI. For a full on SRT ascent only line...Sterling HTP 10mm.

You perhaps need to get a bit more picky :)...maybe your trees are not tall enough for the difference between 5% stretch and 1% to strike you much, I dunno. But if you have something near to or more than 100 feet (and here it can be twice that), the difference is well worth knowing when you are buying.

True, B, but there's no arb lines that have over 3% stretch, and most are under 2%---at appx 200 lb or bodyweight loading....in fact most have less stretch than many so called static access lines.... Blaze, oddly enough, at 11mm, is among the lowest stretch at about 1%. I think True Blue is one of the most dynamic, thus why its my favorite light rigging line..... so versatile, won't burn badly when natural crotch rigged......soft supple hand.....My many yars old and not retired NE Safety Blue Hi-V is close to 2.5% stretch, I think, which is noticable...not desirable...even Tachyon is noticably bouncier than Blaze and Blue Moon...

PI is near about as good as it gets for an arb rope. DMc swears by Vortex, which is a tiny bit less strechy than PI. For a full on SRT ascent only line...Sterling HTP 10mm.

When you don't have question about the TIP, or I've been thinking of using a Yates Screamer to protect in the event of a TIP failure. I have HTP, and its veeerryy Niicce. Static is great, and static less unforgiving.

Graeme Mcwhat'sit showed the simple trunk wrap and tie off in a video. This is great for a solid TIP.

Alternately, I just use a piece of rope with two biners. One biner terminating on the end that forms the choke, and one biner clove hitched for positioning at the desired height (effectively adjustable choke like people use hitch cord for. I just clove it.). There is the place to clip a screamer with another HMS with a munter-mule-overhand tie off.

Back