Who's online?

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
It's odd - I check in at all hours of the night and Lumberjack is always online.

Is that really you, Carl? Orrrrr some weird glitch?

Just axing. It's 2:56 am.

He's usually on when I log on, so are a few west coasters.:)

Carl did say once that he leaves his computer on all the time, so I just put it down to that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll never understand why people do that. Besides, I was under the assumption that after a certain time period of inactivity, one is logged out. In fact, I'm certain of it.

Hmmmm.

On the weekends when I have more time, I pretty much log on first thing to check things out on TH. Sometimes, if I forget to log off, when I come back on I'll refresh the session, because I was pretty sure that there was an automatic log off.

Carl's home page is the 'new posts' link, so every time he opens a new browser window it will show him as being online.

It depends on your cookie settings, doesn't it? I think you can set them for different time intervals. I think this one (my wife's Mac) tines it out in 15 minutes. Not sure about my HP...

Carl's home page is the 'new posts' link, so every time he opens a new browser window it will show him as being online.

So he was up opening new browers at that time of the night? I'm thinking Carlito was fast asleep.

Carl's the only one who's consistently showing as being online during all hours of the night. I'm pretty sure it's just a weird glitch.

The only time i EVER get logged off after a period of inactivity, is if I havent checked the "remember me" box. If I do check it, i could leave a browser up all night long and remain logged in. Im thinking Carl just leaves a browser open with the TH loaded.

Sure, but you seeing yourself as being logged on doesn't mean others see you like that unless you are actually doing something to make yourself active.

And it's just me and Carl!!! Sup, dawg? What chew doing in an "Unknown Place?"

Turn your computor off, save the fans and all the dust n crap they suck in!

Haha sorry, I ignored this thread. I thought it was an older thread (didn't look at the posts/views) that didn't concern/interest me. If you would have put my name in it I would have seen it long ago! On average I'm here way more often than anyone else, although I scarcely read all the threads. It literally takes 2 "clicks" and a couple seconds for me to check this forum for new posts. Other forms are considerably larger so it takes longer to run through the lists of threads with new posts.

I rarely get on the forum now on my desktop, I use Tapatalk like a fiend. I'm not sure how late I was up last night but judging by the time now I'd say it was late 1-early 2 am. I sleep pretty consistently 7.5-8 hours each night (go to bed when I'm tired/ wake up when I'm not) and I just woke up, still in the bed.

The unknown place might be a Tapatalk/ vbulletin error, as I'm also never on the main page on Tapatalk.

Brian is right, my home page is the House, but it's a "New Posts" page, where it runs a new posts search for my home page. It doesn't auto refresh, fwiw.

The computer stays powered up, but not "on". The monitors and computer go to sleep, the fan doesn't run during that time as the power consumption drops way off.

:):beer:

Haha Cuz, some people get up when they wake up. I was clarifying that I usually do my online "work" before getting out of bed.

Stephen, I'm not sure if that is classified as an exhibition or vouyer!:lol:

Back