Who else has an Android phone?

• Thread starter The Tree Doctor
  • Start date
  • Replies 121
  • Views 10K
T

The Tree Doctor

Got an LG Optimus. Love it! I guess this can be an Android appreciation thread.

Apps installed;

* Terra Time
* Ski Report
* WCVB News
* US Army Survival Guide
* Google Sky
* Various sound boards (Scar Face is my fav.)
* Marine Compass
* Cam Card business card reader
* iTriage
* Look out mobile security
* Green Power battery saver
* Light saber
* aTilt 3D Labyrinth (game)

What do you have?

I just got a Samsung galaxy s. I am truly amazed at what these things can do. I dont really know what apps to get but have looked at some business apps. Any suggestions there?

I don't wanna just download a buncha stuff I will delete later, I'd rather look them up and see if I think I would like them them first

HTC Desire

Apps:
Solo (guitar)
google earth
google goggles
google sky
realcalc
google maps
foursquare
google latitude
Fxcamera
FMRadio
Memopad
flashlight
instant heart rate monitor
Recipes (overtheoven.com)
Twitter
Facebook
Friendstream
Google voice
BatteryLife
Blueant T1 (for my bluetooth headset)
Documents to go
Google translate
Google shopper
Al Jazeera (english) - just to watch the Egypt issue, wont last long on the phone after that.

Other ones I have had and liked:
NHL gamecenter
CFL on TSN
Blood alcohol tracker

Wow, looked up the google goggles

Future usesGoogle is currently working to make the system capable of recognizing different plants and leaves, which aids not only the curious person, but also botanists and environmentalists searching for rare plants

need? no, use? most of them, once in a while. I just leave them on the memory card, doesnt cost me anything. But if I want to use one of them I dont have to burn data bandwidth time after time if I only download them then delete them. Some of them came on the phone when I got it.

Most used:
Google voice - allows for hands free operation of the phone
Solo - keeps the kid happy
Google maps - works with the GPS on the phone so I dont need to pack my actual GPS unit any more.
Documents to go - allows creation, manipulation and viewing of pdf, excel, word files etc.
Recipes - for when I am cooking and have no inspiration

:)

I did get the license for docs to go but I didnt think it was $15, from Dataviz. The only other app I have paid for was the guitar one, couple bucks.

I just did the free one but think it will be next to useless. Try and see then maybe buy the better virgin

I think you can view stuff with the freebie but you can't create or change the docs without the full version.

I got the Motorola Droid when it first came out. My new every two is due, but I am waiting on the mid-year release of the Samsung Galaxy S2. It'll have dual processors, lots more ram, and a camera front and back so I can Skype with the kids.

I have a lot of apps, You can see my list here: App List but I have not yet paid for one; translators and dictionaries for other languages, along with the bus and train routes/times for all of Germany.

Check out:
Radar Now, you can 'see' approaching storms/weather to easily determine if you have the time to finish that next tree.
AndExplorer for a decent file manager.
AppList - grabs and saves a list of all your apps. App List
Barcode Scanner or QuickMark for reading UPC and QR codes.
Bubble for a level.
ConnectBot if you need a terminal to access your server remotely.
cVolume for managing the volume settings on your droid in a few short clicks.
Flip Clock (widget) for an always on the home page digital clock.
Google Sky is great for exploring the night sky.
Handcent SMS for texting (better than the standard app).
iMapMyRide for saving a route on your bicycle or motorcycle.
Kindle for droid, for the long drives when you want something to read (lots of free books).
MetricDroid for conversions.
Free Power Widget - on screen on/off/adjustments for 16 diff settings like: wifi/bluetooth/gps/airplane mode /screen brightness
Traffic Buddy Free shows you traffic cameras by state if you want to see traffic volume ahead of you on the road.
Where's My Droid - you may text your Droid from any other phone and set off an alarm so you can find it (also included GPS my Droid -if it gets really lost or stolen and you want to find out where it is).
Where - lets you find anything near your current location, including points of interest like with a GPS and the local weather.
XkcdViewer - great web comic done by the oldest of three sons of a childhood friend.

I renewed my mobile contract a few months back and got a HTC Wildfire thrown in free with the deal.

About 6 weeks later my 21 year old nephew saw the handset and ask what apps i had. Following the puzzled look on my face he showed me what it could do.

I am now fully educated. It can do virtually everything a PC can do.

You can even make calls on it, just like a phone!:|:

I have the Motorola Milestone, and my apps are:

Adobe Reader
Angry Bird (Game)
Astro (File Manger)
Atomic Bomber (Game)
Battery Widget
Bubble (Level)
Call Meter NG
Antivirus
Shopper (Google)
Barcode Scanner
Easy Teather Pro
Quick Office
MyBackup Root
Loan Droid (Loan Calculator)
Vampires Live (Game)
drocap2 (Screen Capture)
Droid Light
Easy Root
Hungry Shark (Game)
iMobsters (Game)
JustCalcIt (Game)
Market (Apps)
Milestone Overclock
Amazon MP3
Pandora
SetCPU
SilentSnap Free (Silent Camera)
SlideIT Keyboard
StopWatch & Timer
Task Manager
The Weather Channel
Time Memo Pad
TTS Service Extended
Where's My Droid
World War (Game)

I use it enough to keep around. Last time I remember using it was when I was welding the new coupler on my gooseneck, used it to get it vertical relative to the trailer.

Back