Which new mid-sized saw?

How does the 562xp compare to the 560xp? We don't get the 562 over here.
The 562-560 are basically the same saws except the 562 has the large bar mount pad to accept b/c the larger Huskies like the 372-395 have . The 560 with the small mount bar mount like the 338, 346,550.
The 562 oil tank is a wee bit larger capacity and if I'm not mistaken the 560 has a lighter clutch. We don't get the 560 here in Canada.

The 562-560 are basically the same saws except the 562 has the large bar mount pad to accept b/c the larger Huskies like the 372-395 have . The 560 with the small mount bar mount like the 338, 346,550.
The 562 oil tank is a wee bit larger capacity and if I'm not mistaken the 560 has a lighter clutch. We don't get the 560 here in Canada.
Thanks.

Shaun, call Bob (spike60 on AS) tell him I sent ya. http://www.turfandtimber.net/ I have no new saws, save a 338 which I just bought locally, as the thieves have reduced me to one muffler modded 192T, and an old model low hours 335 Cali that won't idle.

The saw you want is either the Husky 562 or the Jonsy equivalent to the 560, which has the small mount bar system....meaning its a tad lighter than the 562....and prettier, dressed in red and black!!!

I own a ported 357, which is the 562's predecessor. Stock, the 562 is much stronger, everyone reports, and is a joy to use, plus isn't much less powerful than a 372!!

As I only have one 3 cube saw left, a ported 346 XP NE, which you prolly saw, if not run, down from 6 or 7...the others all stolen, sadly, my next saw will be its replacement, the 550, or Jonsy eq. It will go straight from Bob to Mastermind for him to work his magic on...unless he's too busy...and there's another builder as good as he is....

T
On one visit in Centralia the Madsens kept me at their house for 3 days...free room and board.:)

I've never been that lucky...but I always hope Sam is there when I stop by. He loves to talk photography and skiing with me......and saws......duh!!

I've never been that lucky...but I always hope Sam is there when I stop by. He loves to talk photography and skiing with me......and saws......duh!!
Yep saws got my foot in the door.
I even went with the whole Madsen family and their staff to a timber fallers barbeque that they sponsored. I met alot of guys who tested Stihls prototype saws notably the 064 and 084.
Sam's a great guy , say hi to him for me and tell him Willard is still making a living with a saw in Manitoba.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the link, Rog. F*&^in' thieves suck. It would be nice to have a flame thrower thief deterrent system (a couple flaming corpses would deter others).

562 sounds like a winner!

I suppose, it is, but I think the 394 is pretty dang nice just the way it is. What is the verdict on the Autotune system? Does it completely obviate the need for any operator input?

If you are replacing the 361 I would look at 562 lg mount or the jonsered 2260 small mount. If you want the lighter bars small mount IMO. 2260 has straight top handle and is basicly husky 560. All 3 same saws just mount or different handle angle.

If replacing 460 I would look at the 461. The new husky in that cc is on back burner still and out in the field being tested and returned.

the 562 is more heavy duty over the 560
I'll check both saws IPLs and see what is what for differences.

IPL only show the parts.
Crank case, carb, airfilters, fuel control manifold, outer spike, Cylinder/piston has different numbers.
I hope the software differ too...

IPL only show the parts.
Crank case, carb, outer spike, Cylinder/piston has different numbers.
I hope the software differ too...
Just checked my 2011-06 IPLs for both the 560 and 562, they both share the same carb #579 19 41-01, same P/C assembly #575 35 58-01.
They even share the same clutch assembly. Differences are in the different crankcase bar pad configurations. The large mount b/c 562 has a slightly larger oil tank.
The problems you're seeing with the 560 in Europe may be due to the differences in the crankshaft assemblies. The 2 crank shaft stuffers are different #s along with the clutch side crankshaft bearing and seal. Besides these 3 items the other crankshaft assembly #s are the same.

There is quite a bit different between 560 IPL s from 2011 and 2013.
More differances than I pointed out before on 560 and 562, like Airfilters fuel control unit and more...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jonsered would be new to me. Dealer is an hour or two hours from me. Roger B is always talking up the J 2139, which I will look into second, bigger top-handle (200t and 192t currently).

There is quite a bit different between 560 IPL s from 2011 and 2013.
More differances than I pointed out before on 560 and 562, like Airfilters fuel control unit and more...
This morning I ordered a av spring mount for my 562 and the # my dealer has on his computer is completely different from my 2011 IPL . I think my IPL's are from Husqvarna USA which might be the difference in #'s.

Jonsered would be new to me. Dealer is an hour or two hours from me. Roger B is always talking up the J 2139, which I will look into second, bigger top-handle (200t and 192t currently).

jred 2139 is a husky 338

Back